Beacon

kevbone

I got sketched Kevbone 1) it was the first time using my Silent Partner. 2) it was first time climbing the route, I thought it was Broadway but it was YW. 3) so I kept forgetting about untieing and retieing my backup knot every 20 feet and I would be climbing up and hit the end of the rope and be in a bad place but have to reach down and untie and drop the knot, sketchy! So it was a learning experience. Doing Crusing went much easier. I have since learned I don't really need backup knots so much with a silent partner. The thing always locks off, just make sure to take the fall and not try to slow yourself down.

• 2 weeks later...
only had to see the boy eat shit twice on the icy bits :)
father of the year strikes again :laf:

hey, when you're only 2 feet tall it ain't such a long way down - plus he was kinda asking for it, slurping non-stop on the yellow icicles he was snapping off the wall every couple of feet :P

.... slurping non-stop on the yellow icicles he was snapping off the wall every couple of feet :P

...You need to warn him off eating the yellow icicles!

i prefer him to learn the hard way :)

hey, it's the season for lil'dawg to return to the bacon-wand!

Heres a video link to a day at Beacon last season. Ivans youre in it somewhere, heres to those lazy crazy days of summer. Kevbone was Crushing it last night bouldering session, man I got to get fit like that to be ready for opening day!

Nice video...what was the last couple of climbs? It does not look like Beacon.

Nice seeing you, Plaidman and ????? at the gym last night.

Beacon appealing? What are you talking about? that place is terrifying, it don't take no gear, there is snakes and big spiders and peregrine falcons, and don't forget about the crazies.....oh man. yeah, I love having a rope gun, just point em in the right direction and squeeze the trigger as Im getting to old to climb jackshit.

• 1 month later...
Pretty slow around these parts this time of the year.

i've been excercising my rare ability not to spray about beacon :)

seen jimbo and company out there too, so not been neglected too much...

offering free rides to folks who might want to take the cool way to the top, but no one's taking me up on it yet...fucking tourists.

Beacon appealing? What are you talking about? that place is terrifying, it don't take no gear, there is snakes and big spiders and peregrine falcons, and don't forget about the crazies.....oh man. yeah, I love having a rope gun, just point em in the right direction and squeeze the trigger as Im getting to old to climb jackshit.

You forgot poison oak. Its a rare trip to beacon where I dont get it somehow.

Heading to Ozone tomorrow. YEAH!

It was nice to meet you out there today Kevin. Great day.

Chad

You as well. Killer day for climbing. The zone was packed to the max....I have never seen almost every climb having a rope on it. It makes sense....that place is super fun climbing.