Beacon

kevbone

If it is a choice between cleaning rotten rock, trundling and making the route safer or…..applying glue to the rotten rock to make the rock safer. I choose a crow bar and hammer to do it right.

As far as making it safer so the free soloist feel warm and fuzzy inside……climb at your own risk. That should not even be part of this discussion. IMO, the discussion is the fact that one of the best and most traveled routes in WA is now glued together. It should have been cleaned properly, and still might.

Who did it is illrelevant. IMO. I do understand why…..I just don’t agree with the final decision. Not that anyone cares what I think. I would like to see that entire area get a proper cleaning with a crow bar. Then and only then will it be safer……blah blah blah.

If it is a choice between cleaning rotten rock, trundling and making the route safer or…..applying glue to the rotten rock to make the rock safer. I choose a crow bar and hammer to do it right.

As far as making it safer so the free soloist feel warm and fuzzy inside……climb at your own risk. That should not even be part of this discussion. IMO, the discussion is the fact that one of the best and most traveled routes in WA is now glued together. It should have been cleaned properly, and still might.

Who did it is illrelevant. IMO. I do understand why…..I just don’t agree with the final decision. Not that anyone cares what I think. I would like to see that entire area get a proper cleaning with a crow bar. Then and only then will it be safer……blah blah blah.

Aside from the fact you're completely talking out your ass about what would be safer or better in this instance - something you don't have the slightest clue about because you haven't even looked at it, I'd say: TALK TO OPDYCKE DUDE, WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE FOR MYSELF DIDN'T EVEN ENTER INTO IT.

P.S. And which is it dude? Am I supposed to listen to what Opdycke wants or not? Seems like you're wanting to have it both ways and I'm the bad guy either way - pretty good for a guy who's drilled more protection bolts in any given half day at Ozone then I have in my entire life. I mean, just saying...

We haven't always agreed, but I am with Joe on this one...

Joseph. you are act like I am outraged. Not true at all. Only discussing this. I am sure you were the man for the job if anyone. And yes I am talking out my ass since I have not seen the rock in question in a while. But as you know….I have a memory for rock. I have climbed over that section of rock more than you. Which is saying a lot. Either way, I don’t think glue was the answer and I will be happy to tell that to Jim’s face. Once again…..I am not pissed or outraged in the slightest bit. Lets be clear about this.

As far as letting it go…..feel free not to check the thread if you don’t feel like contributing to the current discussion.

Take care and off to the next topic.

it almost was, im sure everyone knows but whatever..:

from wiki

The United States Army Corps of Engineers planned to destroy the rock, to supply material for the jetty at the mouth of the Columbia (see Columbia River Bar), and dug three caves on the rock's south side. During this time, Biddle's family tried to make it a state park. At first Washington refused the gift, but changed its position when Oregon offered to accept.

P.S. And which is it dude? Am I supposed to listen to what Opdycke wants or not? Seems like you're wanting to have it both ways and I'm the bad guy either way - pretty good for a guy who's drilled more protection bolts in any given half day at Ozone then I have in my entire life. I mean, just saying...

good point - i'm fine w/ a limited autocracy at the mighty, mighty beacon-wand - jim's the august emperor and if he says it's alright, then so be it.

but who takes over when he shuffles off the mortal coil?!?

i'm fine w/ a limited autocracy at the mighty, mighty beacon-wand - jim's the august emperor and if he says it's alright, then so be it.

but who takes over when he shuffles off the mortal coil?!?

All hail Ivan...Emperor regent of all things in the Far East...

All_hail_Ivan.jpg

Got to be you dude, everyone else is too smart to walk into that bear trap...

ps, Jim needs help to stop smoking and he'll be around longer, thus sparing you for a while longer...

When Jim's gone we will have lost our only ambassador to the Reptilians of the government-above-the-government and also access to their Earthly HQ underneath Bacon Rock. After that there'll be an AutoTaser in every tree.

And you thought those were blast tunnels? And that the wall behind the LoLP command center was solid? Or that the Peregrines are just birds and not sentries? Or that 1 out of every 1000 turons who head up the trail doesn't end up as dinner? Right'O me naive buckos - our days are numbered - but if anyone could take up the mantle and restore balance to the Force in Jim's wake, it can only be Ivan [the Terrible].

I love it when Jim starts talking about the Holy Spirit. He certainly has "SEEN THE LIGHT". Cept, he's the first person I ever met that refers to the "FU**ing Holy Spirit". It's like half Richard Prior, half Sunday morning hell, fire & brimstone gospel preach'n and 90 percent conspiracy rant. Classic stuff, I love the man...