Beacon

kevbone

PB070629.JPG

My proudest send ever, belayed under the watchful eye of J. Opdycke.

My best friend introduced me to climbing and we lived in Skamania and attended Stevenson High. My mom, don't tell her, would sign excused absence notes on dry days (the principle who was also my cross country and track coach called me in his office after 20 some excuse slips to let me know he was in the know)....anyway I could go on forever, but just wanted to say I enjoy all the psycho Bacon bable. :lmao:

do ground zero, takes fist or the dutchman next!

do any of these go clean or do I need a hammer?

LCK turned me on to spring fever. Thinking thats next on my list

I can't speak for takes fist - ivan will have to chime in - but the dutchman is quite time consuming to get in the crack and requires some hooking, but ground zero can go clean.

do ground zero, takes fist or the dutchman next!

do any of these go clean or do I need a hammer?

LCK turned me on to spring fever. Thinking thats next on my list

they all go clean and they all reach grassy ledges in 2 proud pitches and will likely take you the whole day this time of year - you'll want hooks and brassies and very small cams (black aliens/00 metollius plus blue aliens/0 metollius) - if you do spring fever you might as well continue up bluebird

I'm surprised none of you intrepid aidMen have set your sights on Double Dirty Overhang. I checked it out again the other day and it looks pretty damn classic. It's 'dirty' and somewhat overgrown, but it was reanchored and if anyone wants to clean it, either on rap or ground up, I have a set of cleaning tools which make the job a lot easier and anyone is welcome to borrow.

And man, I hope someone is out getting some Bacon on a bonus day like today.

kenny n' justin gang-banged winter delight (or is spring fever, damn gook routes all sound the same?)

i solo humped wrong gull, but not the upper pitch - if i had been less hungover maybe i woulda got outta bed 'fore 9? :P

rained till noon or so, but nice afternoon - the corner is a aquaduct currently :)

kenny n' justin gang-banged winter delight (or is spring fever, damn gook routes all sound the same?)

i solo humped wrong gull, but not the upper pitch - if i had been less hungover maybe i woulda got outta bed 'fore 9? :P

rained till noon or so, but nice afternoon - the corner is a aquaduct currently :)

spring fever.... although it felt more like a winter or rainy delight yesterday morning. Good to know I wasn’t the only one a tad hung. Turns out drinking beer with friends till 11 then getting up at 5:30 to drive north makes for a long day.

On Winter Delight, whats up with the runout to the first bolt? I was going to lead it and started up with my new TC Pros on, but they don't smear well and I felt very insecure on them, as the footholds in one place are very slabby smeary and I couldn't feel them. So decided to come back another day with my slab shoes. I guess i didn't have my big set of bullocks on that day either....mew

On Winter Delight, whats up with the runout to the first bolt? I was going to lead it and started up with my new TC Pros on, but they don't smear well and I felt very insecure on them, as the footholds in one place are very slabby smeary and I couldn't feel them. So decided to come back another day with my slab shoes. I guess i didn't have my big set of bullocks on that day either....mew
I like how one of my buddies puts it... The only thing scarier than trad climbing at Beacon is sport climbing at Beacon. I sure don't want to lead it.

You can place a shitty blue (3 inch) Camalot before the bolt. Winter delight is a good example of incredibly poorly bolted route. Fun top rope.

• 3 weeks later...
is adam around? where's adam?

Hi Kenny. Took me 2 hours to read all this shit but I just discovered we got a beacon/bacon forum. SCORE! Who is that Pete H dumbfucker who keeps chiming in?

His other avatar is Dirty Harry.

and he's a plenty cool guy - he just likes to Hate On the Fabled Beacon-Wand :)

is adam around? where's adam?

Hi Kenny. Took me 2 hours to read all this shit but I just discovered we got a beacon/bacon forum. SCORE! Who is that Pete H dumbfucker who keeps chiming in?

His other avatar is Dirty Harry.

and he's a plenty cool guy - he just likes to Hate On the Fabled Beacon-Wand :)

Hating on Beacon and being a cool guy do not go hand in hand.