Beacon

kevbone

Jessep: You want a forum?

Kevbone (Tom Cruise): I think we're entitled to one.

Kevbone : I want the forum!

Jessep: You can't handle the forum! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be climbed by men with gear. Who's gonna do it? You? You and Veronica Hardbody? I have a greater moderator responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Stewart and you curse the cracks he fell from. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Stewart's injuries, while tragic, probably saved lives because folks now stop at Ozone. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the forum. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.

We post to threads with words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent ascending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and falls under the shadow of the very climbs I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a rack and put one up. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Kevbone : Did you chop that bolt?

Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.

Jessep : You're goddamn right I did!!

Jessep : Bacon forum? You can't handle a friggin' bacon forum!

Ahhhhhh, thanks joe... refreshing to know that i'm not the only one who knows that movie that well :D

climb it like a chimney

did that, andrew... i'm a weak free climber - would rather aid :) I need to find Rosetta Stone's free climbing!

Bullshit! I've climbed with you and you are entirely as capable of doing it as me, pink, or anyone else. You, like Ivan, Geoff and a couple of others, would just have to somewhere come up with a level of motivation and interest to make the work involved worth it for you.

Perhaps, joe... but i'm inherently lazy and i like my beer :brew: really like my beer!

Can the moderators make a flipping Beacon forum?

This has got to be nearly as long as the freaking Josh Lewis thread already.

Sheesh!

Edit: See it was soooo long I did not have it in me to read the newest posts before I made my request and now I notice it was already suggested.

Edited by Pilchuck71

Sheesh!

Edit: See it was soooo long I did not have it in me to read the newest posts before I made my request and now I notice it was already suggested.

Perhaps if you climbed it as much as we do then you'd understand why it is important to us - no need to get snarky about it :)

Sheesh!

Perhaps if you climbed it as much as we do then you'd understand why it is important to us - no need to get snarky about it :)

I have climbed at Beacon. I actually quite enjoyed it too.

I honor it's importance to you folks as well.

I am just saying........snark,snark,snark.....:)

Sheesh!

I have climbed at Beacon. I actually quite enjoyed it too.

I honor it's importance to you folks as well.

I am just saying........snark,snark,snark.....:)

:D

Kevbone (Tom Cruise): I think we're entitled to one.

Kevbone : I want the forum!

Jessep: You can't handle the forum! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be climbed by men with gear. Who's gonna do it? You? You and Veronica Hardbody? I have a greater moderator responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Stewart and you curse the cracks he fell from. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Stewart's injuries, while tragic, probably saved lives because folks now stop at Ozone. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the forum. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.

We post to threads with words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent ascending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and falls under the shadow of the very climbs I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a rack and put one up. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.

Jessep : You're goddamn right I did!!

Jessep : Bacon forum? You can't handle a friggin' bacon forum!

I thought it was Xavier Masters, the Beacon years.

Edited by geoff

Why do you need a whole seperate Beacon forum to post your ceaseless regurgitated bolting arguments and blurry photographs of vegetated cracks?

LOL! I thought the late Jim Anglin said it similar and best when after witnessing one of the endless Beacon debates on here he said; (I'm parphrasing here) "What you guys need is to get out more, I'd recommend a ROAD TRIP!!!!!"

4044350.jpg

"get out to Yosemite, Index, Squamish or Smith......"

Still words of wisdom. shirt-vaya-con-dios-brah.gif Vios con dios Jim!

Soon, all too soon, our time too will be here.....as merv said:

merv_headstone_l.jpg