Beacon

kevbone

free for all is the best sustained 5-8/5-9 crack climbing within 100 miles of portland. (once you're past the short sharp 10minus corner right off the ground)

back in june i did the 4 pitch "the line" at lover's leap, supposedly one of the best 5-9s anywhere, and while it was stellar, i found free for all even better a few weeks later...

How many miles is it from PDX to Smith?

I know the one. It gets me every time. About half way up. It makes it the hardest 5.8 anywhere.

Plaidman

The hardest 5.8 anywhere? Riiiight. Let me guess, the opening moves on Nine Gallon makes it the hardest 5.9 anywhere, right?

A grade is a grade is a grade....

Nope, I know where the hardest 5.5 in the state is....but I'm not sayin'.....

I know where the "best" 5.9 is in the state, but I'm not sayin'....

back in june i did the 4 pitch "the line" at lover's leap, supposedly one of the best 5-9s anywhere, and while it was stellar, i found free for all even better a few weeks later...

What? I hope your joking. Are we talking about the same Leap and the same Beacon Rock? The Leap makes Beacon Rock look like a teetering choss heap (which it is)

But since were talking about it, let's put my vote on Free for Some linked into Dodd's, lot of bang for the buck.

apple meet orange, orange meet apple....

I know the one. It gets me every time. About half way up. It makes it the hardest 5.8 anywhere.

Plaidman

The hardest 5.8 anywhere? Riiiight. Let me guess, the opening moves on Nine Gallon makes it the hardest 5.9 anywhere, right?

Fuck off you jackass

Plaidman

Fuck off you jackass

The new Kev and Joseph couple :battlecage: :kisss:

Edited by letsroll

Funny, a few years back I used to think the Portland crowd was a good bunch of friendly people who hung out together and had great pub clubs & other fun, unlike the more testy crew up north. :rolleyes:

it's been years since we've been doing regular pube-clubs - kids and poverty (connection?) did it for me - fwiw, we don't usually call each other cock-smokes in the flesh :)

Funny, a few years back I used to think the Portland crowd was a good bunch of friendly people who hung out together and had great pub clubs & other fun, unlike the more testy crew up north. :rolleyes:

it's been years since we've been doing regular pube-clubs - kids and poverty (connection?) did it for me - fwiw, we don't usually call each other cock-smokes in the flesh :)

Off....what Ivan said. This is the web....not to be taken seriously.

Perhaps more people should realize this. If anything this site gives u some thick skin.

I recently had a discussion about this with some other cc climbers....

Oh and YW is my fav, but I am a single cell organism in my evolution as it relates to climbing at Beacon and will likely have a different answer at this time next year :tup:

Perhaps more people should realize this. If anything this site gives u some thick skin.

I recently had a discussion about this with some other cc climbers....

Oh and YW is my fav, but I am a single cell organism in my evolution as it relates to climbing at Beacon and will likely have a different answer at this time next year :tup:

You speak beyond your years, grasshopper. And I agree with you, too - Warriors is the coolest :wazup: