Beacon

kevbone

I just got home from being away for 2 months and driving past Beacon to find a small fire burning on the west face, just below/ past the green gate.. Looks like they have a handle on it but there's still a lot of people on the trail above.

Hopefully it was the poison oak in the cracks that was burning, the best solution really.

Someone asked me today about replacing the two rotten pins with bolts. I told them they need to ask the FA first. Thanks

All the pins were on the South Face were checked and either deemed good, reset, or replaced in 2007 - the replacements came from John Middendorf's spare pin rack. The only two pins that are likely still dubious are a) the first pin on YW (it was never really been a great placement), and b) the angle on the fourth pitch of YW (it's the best placement you can do in that spot, but I suspect it would pop in a fall). More likely they just don't like pins, but if two have gone bad since then, and those spots will take a medium or large LA, Bugaboo, or Soft Euro pin then just either reset them, or, if they're really corroded, replace them with new ones.

Well, there you have it - but there's going to be sad February firsts lined up as far as the eye can see if you can't figure out the target audience who has the ultimate authority to act on the closure and sort out what they'd want to move off the mark. Just sayin'...

[ P.S. I'd also love to know the secret of how all you professionals and business people get by without marketing and sales 101 because I'd sure like to be able to quit having to market and sell to keep my business alive... ]

hypocrite...

Well, as with Kevin's claim of saying one thing and doing another, please do cite an instance, otherwise it's just more of your whole-fabric-from-the-ether, overly-dramatic mewling. I mean, WTF, for a bunch of guys who like to spout "keeping it real", you rarely if ever do.

hypocrite...

Well, as with Kevin's claim of saying one thing and doing another, please do cite an instance, otherwise it's just more of your whole-fabric-from-the-ether, overly-dramatic mewling. I mean, WTF, for a bunch of guys who like to spout "keeping it real", you rarely if ever do.

so can you define, you guy's?…. what guy's? do you have a list of guy's?

Keep it real !!! WTF. JH your a plastic man trying too be someone you can't be, get real Joe !!Leave the BRC alone and stop trying too be someone your NOT your truly a real COLD TURD ON A PAPER PLATE TRYING TOO BE HOT SHIT. Keep up your bull shit , make yourself look like a total loser , everyone on CC truly knows your a total loser , so Joe keep it real stay at the Farside were you belong.

Keep it real !!! WTF. JH your a plastic man trying too be someone you can't be, get real Joe !!Leave the BRC alone and stop trying too be someone your NOT your truly a real COLD TURD ON A PAPER PLATE TRYING TOO BE HOT SHIT. Keep up your bull shit , make yourself look like a total loser , everyone on CC truly knows your a total loser , so Joe keep it real stay at the Farside were you belong.

As if you have the slightest clue about anything whatsoever. And like Kevin said, it's Dropzone.

hypocrite...

so can you define, you guy's?…. what guy's? do you have a list of guy's?

Sure...

guys (gis):

1) Those who incessantly (as in endlessly droning on and on) whine about the closure whipping themselves into a frenzied pitch sufficient to finally do something about it and then manage to do just about everything possible to insure it won't be changed anytime soon.

2) Those who decided harassing, shit-talking and having no relationships with the only people who have the power to amend or lift the closure would be the smart way to go.

3) Those who can read "da man's" website for a standard July 15th closure lift date, yet couldn't be bothered to learn to monitor so don't have the slightest clue what the status of the birds is or - given we've had an super-warm spring - whether the rock couldn't have been open the weekend before last or not.

Beacon Rock climbing update . Received call this morning 9:45am from (Sef) Head Ranger Beacon Rock, informing me (rep BRC) that the rock well be open Monday 14 th July for climbing . So lets keep it real(JH) Ps I have more of a clue then you think!!!!

Can we all stop goating JH please? Starting with me. Lets talk about Beacon and how incredible the climbing is and the community. Who is climbing what?

I still have not heard your opinion on YW? What is the grade? In your opinion?

Can we all stop goating JH please? Starting with me. Lets talk about Beacon and how incredible the climbing is and the community. Who is climbing what?

I still have not heard your opinion on YW? What is the grade? In your opinion?

Goating: The act of going down on someone and ripping off their pubes with your mouth then blowing it in their face.

That's hardcore dude!

Edited by pink