Beacon

kevbone

Couldn't have that more wrong...but then that's no surprise and nothing new - carry on with the inanity from afar. And when was the last time you were up something in GoG, Eldo or RMNP? They're right frigging there for gods sake and not closed. Maybe post up a TR or something.

Dude, i wouldn't tell you where is was climbing as i'm trying to avoid another one of these days….

DSCN05051.JPG

...there's the insults...

So asking if you even still climb or the possibility of a CO TR if you do is an insult? Just checking, as you were a pretty impressive climber, but ok, whatev.

P.S. Still admire Kevin for his consistent and refreshing honesty in all this: fuck the birds, fuck the closure, it's all total bullshit and completely unfair...

Wow. A compliment!

more of a disclaimer :grlaf:

Actually, it's meant as a genuine compliment. Whether I agree with everything Kevin says or not, he's straight up, doesn't just make shit up, says what he believes, and believes what he says. As voices go, it's pretty hard not to appreciate such a refreshing, if scarce, commodity.

Thanks JH. I believe you are kind of a wet blanket with all of this. You dont bring anything positive to the conversation. Ever.

Actually I've brought endless 'positive' things to the conversation; admittedly they are unpalatable things like how about being objective, open, honest, transparent, and cooperative. Really awful things like suggestions that Beacon climbers be informed and understand the science, law, policies and regulations. Also some truly repugnant things like understanding how the agencies work, who the human beings are that do that work, and establishing mutually beneficial, trusted working relationships with them and the railroad. And I suppose you don't consider early opens positive though even if you do I clearly had no involvement in helping secure any of them. So yeah, nothing positive - ever.

But let's be excruciatingly clear - all of those things were repeatedly rejected out-of-hand again and again and in their place I see nothing but wailing victimhood; incessant whining; wishful thinking; a totally bad-faith, disingenuous and antagonistic approach to the dealing with the issues; not to mention one uninformed and ill-advised antic after another which just keep on solidly working against your own stated interest.

But hey, I gave up long ago so be my guest, by all means do keep banging your heads against that wall because, hey, you know, some Feb 1st it's going to just automagically work out for you because, doggone it, you're nice people and its all so unfair.

Anybody know if we are slated for July 15 open day?

Well, now that you mention it, I do.

Thanks JH. I believe you are kind of a wet blanket with all of this. You dont bring anything positive to the conversation. Ever.

Actually I've brought endless 'positive' things to the conversation; admittedly they are unpalatable things like how about being objective, open, honest, transparent, and cooperative. Really awful things like suggestions that Beacon climbers be informed and understand the science, law, policies and regulations. Also some truly repugnant things like understanding how the agencies work, who the human beings are that do that work, and establishing mutually beneficial, trusted working relationships with them and the railroad. And I suppose you don't consider early opens positive though even if you do I clearly had no involvement in helping secure any of them. So yeah, nothing positive - ever.

But let's be excruciatingly clear - all of those things were repeatedly rejected out-of-hand again and again and in their place I see nothing but wailing victimhood; incessant whining; wishful thinking; a totally bad-faith, disingenuous and antagonistic approach to the dealing with the issues; not to mention one uninformed and ill-advised antic after another which just keep on solidly working against your own stated interest.

But hey, I gave up long ago so be my guest, by all means do keep banging your heads against that wall because, hey, you know, some Feb 1st it's going to just automagically work out for you because, doggone it, you're nice people and its all so unfair.

Anybody know if we are slated for July 15 open day?

Well, now that you mention it, I do.

Despite your many talents, have you ever considered the possibility that you may be a narcissist? Just curios... Nothing/no one is ever up to your apparent standard... We all just want to buck the system, F the man, do ill to the collective Beatard society. I agree w Kevin on this one. No matter what the other locals do, say or agree on, you'll sit on your Norseman's throne casting disparagements on the rest of the locals. Lighten up, Joe!

And, three, two one for the long winded diatribe reply defending his thrown... :)

I've not seen a JH post yet admitting he could ever be wrong, biased or misinformed. Ever. Then again, my memory is quite flawed... I'm quite ready to be corrected, as needed. As usual.

Despite your many talents, have you ever considered the possibility that you may be a narcissist? Just curios... Nothing/no one is ever up to your apparent standard... We all just want to buck the system, F the man, do ill to the collective Beatard society. I agree w Kevin on this one. No matter what the other locals do, say or agree on, you'll sit on your Norseman's throne casting disparagements on the rest of the locals. Lighten up, Joe!

Total bullshit. Which single one of the things I mentioned above have you guys ever once agreed with, embraced, or bothered to act upon in good faith? Really, I'm all ears. I like almost all of you guys individually, but collectively? You are your own worst enemies when it comes to the closure. The only thing you succeed at is repeatedly jeopardizing both your own aims and early opens (the only thing I really care about at this point).

Sorry, came up elsewhere and not really subject to the local reality distortion field that keeps you guys from working in your own best interest. And if that means my sticking to what I believe puts me odd man out then so be it, I'm completely cool with that at this point.

I've not seen a JH post yet admitting he could ever be wrong, biased or misinformed. Ever. Then again, my memory is quite flawed... I'm quite ready to be corrected, as needed. As usual.

Well, for one I readily admit I was completely wrong thinking you guys would be willing to approach any of this objectively while operating from facts and in good faith. Dead wrong. And if you want to point out where I'm wrong on my facts or understanding of the science, law or policy please do feel more than free to do so.

Total bullshit. Which single one of the things I mentioned above have you guys ever once agreed with, embraced, or bothered to act upon in good faith? Really, I'm all ears. I like almost all of you guys individually, but collectively? You are your own worst enemies when it comes to the closure. The only thing you succeed at is repeatedly jeopardizing both your own aims and early opens (the only thing I really care about at this point).

Sorry, came up elsewhere and not really subject to the local reality distortion field that keeps you guys from working in your own best interest. And if that means my sticking to what I believe puts me odd man out then so be it, I'm completely cool with that at this point.

Well, for one I readily admit I was completely wrong thinking you guys would be willing to approach any of this objectively while operating from facts and in good faith. Dead wrong. And if you want to point out where I'm wrong on my facts or understanding of the science, law or policy please do feel more than free to do so.

Right on cue.

JH. What I do know is what you say and what you do are very different. I do not feel you are credible.

Please, do cite an instance of that...

Well you claim to follow all the rules but i know you have illegally smoked hash out at Beacon. That's one :wave:

not that i think there is anything wrong with indulging :)

Edited by pink

And if you want to point out where I'm wrong on my facts or understanding of the science, law or policy please do feel more than free to do so.
Uh, my guess is that you'd still attempt to tell everyone how you're still right, even if it was a fact that you were wrong in some way.

Still interested to see your response to this one, Joseph...

Well you claim to follow all the rules but i know you have illegally smoked hash out at Beacon. That's one :wave: