Beacon

kevbone

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking that rapping is not climbing. Rapping is not restricted, only climbing. Maybe the BRCA office is still legally accessible for those monthly meetings.
Good point, nice loophole. Who's gonna put this to the test?

Yeah, give that a try - if only park rangers were lawyers...

I was thinking that rapping is not climbing. Rapping is not restricted, only climbing. Maybe the BRCA office is still legally accessible for those monthly meetings.
Good point, nice loophole. Who's gonna put this to the test?

i actually tried that.... and climbing the mystery route on the east face back when i was working for greenpeace.... we were going to hang a huge sign up that read "save the lichen" g34.gif

I actually find rappelling repellent.

whilst sunbathing and getting good n' drunk in the merced a few years back, i saw some dudes rapping el cap on a single rope from the summit near the nose topout - that, in fact, looked fucking ridiculously unrepellent! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beacon Rock is a special place. It has been known to heal. It has been known to be a place of romance. It has been known to be a place of grieving and great joy. Lots of partying. Lots of great climbers have come from its flanks. It has been known to completely destroy relationships. Its a Yosemite training ground.

It is my church, my sacred ground. Some of the best bonds with friends have been forged on the vertical world it has to offer.

• 3 weeks later...
This place open yet?

only if u have a backpack full of gravel :)

Well, it is kinda nice to have a little something to trade for early opens. But hell, I'm sure no real beatard would even consider climbing a day before July 15th if it meant cooperating with 'the man' once a year. Oh wait, that's right, you guys all just signed on to the big document enthusiastically pledging to do just that - never mind. And crikey, I can't wait for the BRCA to actually start picking up some of the slack out there as I'm gettin' kind of sick of doing it...