Beacon

kevbone

Young Peregrines, Hawks and especially the Ravens, in the years they nest on the East Face, are all a loud full-on party riot with endless antics, intra- and inter-species chases, fights, thefts, and squawks and it isn't about us.

your darn right it isn't about us ; in fact, it's just all about me..He Haw

Its pretty fairly steady traffic out there since it opened. Met some folks on Snag ledge the other day. Big shoutout to CH5 and crew who were on Jills Thrill. I forgot to say nice to meet ya, so intent was I on getting out of your way.

Thanks--nice to meet you Steve. Good memory--I told you CA5, but it looks like what shows is actually my initials, though my login is CA5Chris...anyway...Two different crews were there. I was just with Geoff aka Cyclewolf. Headed to Breakfast Cracks this morning to check out the cleaning up there, and get an espresso shot.

Steve I know which way is up. It is were the sky resides and birds fly. Beacon was such a blast yesterday. Got my wife up the corner in style. I thought she would struggle on the crux but she thought the upper part of the slab was harder. I know everytime I pull that horn on the slab I get a rush. Love that move.

Started up crusin at 8 am. Climbing the entire ridge and got back to the car at 10 am and back to the house at 11. Beat the heat baby.....although it did a little warm towards the end. Super fun. Took my 14 year old nephew up the corner. He has never climbed before. He did great!

It was a nice relaxing day. Jim and I got on the corner and hung out on the ledges. There was shade to be found and we had an awesome afternoon. I love climbing at Beacon with good friends. Topped out and walked down the trail in the early evening. What a treat.

Edited by Plaidman