• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:
Whoa! Funky moves to the belay, looks pumpy! Nice
grin.gif" border="0

Wayyy pumpy for me! I must confess that I have not done this one without hanging. Great pics. Nice job. I remember getting around the corner and saying "What the fuck"! There is a wierd little chimney downclimb to get to the belay. Great climb.

Yes, that climb is a strange one indeed! I agree that the route is probably safer to lead - if you're the 2nd and fall after taking out that last piece of protection you're kinda screwed! And getting down to the anchors in the cave seems a bit sketchy - I too have seen the shoulder stand put to use!

As for the foul fowl turds, nobody said anything...

Thanks for the positive photo feedback! I'll be sure to get more next time...

You can get bomber pro in the middle of the traverse, and in the top of the chimney to protect the second. In about 1980, John Stoddard, myself, and Craig and Kent Venesch were hanging around the base, smoking a bowl. A leader did the route, and put no pro from the top of the crack to the belay. We told him to watch out for his buddy, and he told us to mind our own buisness. Half way across the traverst, when we all had our backs turned for a second, the follower fell off and took a horrendous fall. I don't really know how they didn't end up hitting anything. We all turned around, and one of us said "shit, we missed it".

Done properly, the second should have no problems.

So then (as this thread diverges more and more off topic), how do smoking bowls and climbing mix? References to the weed are scattered about this board, so I'm sure there's an opinion or two out there...

Personally, I'm all for the herb, but would never endanger myself either climbing on lead or, worse yet, put a partner at risk with a baked belay. Seems like a quick way to redefine stoner!

Whoa Deja Vu, Seems we've had this discussion before. Or maybe its just cause we've had this discussion before.

As, Jason Lakey, the guru of climbing and smokin' says, maybe you just need to "see more people crankin' it on dope."

*Smoke Pot Check Knot*

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: specialed ]

I searched the entire bbs for "pot", "bowl", or "smoke" and it returned nothing. Either the system has been tokin' it or the threads containing said Deja Vu were deleted - so I guess I missed out on that one...

I can see the potential benefits of focus and relaxation, but the consequences for having a stoner moment are pretty damn steep!

quote:

Originally posted by jkrueger:
I searched the entire bbs for "pot", "bowl", or "smoke" and it returned nothing. Either the system has been tokin' it or the threads containing said Deja Vu were deleted - so I guess I missed out on that one...

I can see the potential benefits of focus and relaxation, but the consequences for having a stoner moment are pretty damn steep!

Send me a PM and I'll clue you in wink.gif" border="0