Bibler I-Tent

Ruds

I have a Bibler I-Tent and I really dig the thing once it is set up. But, I always have a hell of a time getting it set-up. Hopefully, no small children are in the area to hear the constant stream of foul language.

Any tips out there? The poles always end up in an "s" shape and need to be straightened, among other issues.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No real trouble if you crawl in the open door with one end of both poles. Stick one end of each in opposite back corners, then reach out the door to pull in the other end of a pole and stuff it in it's opposing corner (bowing the pole towards the center of the roof as you do so), do the same with the other pole, check that the ends are in the protective cups, straighten up and twiddle the thingamabobs.

I've done it most often laying inside the tent, on my back, both poles sticking out the door. Set one pole end in the "hole". Now I sit up and do the other end. Repeat for second pole. Easy to get pole ends into the pockets that way. Lace up the velcro once the poles are in and up. I never stake it out until the tent is up and typically full of gear. Then I crawl out and stake the tent down while my partner holds onto it if the wind is up.

An after thought....

When available I will always dig a hole in the snow to drop my feet in. Obviously terrain controlled but if you can pull the tent over you and then sit down with your feet planted outside the tent in that hole it is really easy to lay back and fit the poles in and control the tent, even in really nasty weather.

Makes it much easier to get in and out of the tent once it is up as well.

Well, I tested out the laying on my back inside the tent method and it seemed to work pretty darn well. My set-up time decreased greatly and my emotional well-being stayed together. Thank you once again!

Now all I need to do is get BD to send me a replacement pole segment, my previous attempts left me with one pole a little goofy.

Cool! The reason I came up with going in head first, on my back, feet out the door, is you don't have to remove the 'pons till you are really ready to move in. If you can dig the hole it helps keep the tent in one piece as well while still wearing the 'pons. Also makes sitting up to hook the (2nd) other end of the pole in the pocket a lot easier.