• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
layton

My Book is FINALLY Published, Yay!

Mike - Got the book yesterday. Thanks! Its definitly thorough and informative. Awesome.

What is most useful to me is the exericise section. One suggestion I have would be to have some more detailed workout schedules, especially for folks like me who can't get into the climbing gym very often, but who have access to a normal gym and a hangboard.

Like, Monday do exercise routine X, Tuesday exercise routine Y, etc, etc.

Mike - Got the book yesterday. Thanks! Its definitly thorough and informative. Awesome.

What is most useful to me is the exericise section. One suggestion I have would be to have some more detailed workout schedules, especially for folks like me who can't get into the climbing gym very often, but who have access to a normal gym and a hangboard.

Like, Monday do exercise routine X, Tuesday exercise routine Y, etc, etc.

:tup:

I have been working on my spreadsheet for weeks now.

I will start exercising when I finish it.

do you have a specific goal? or simply generic fitness for long trad climbs? goals kinda dictate methods.

To look good for the ladies, of course!

Really though, my goal is to get stronger for climbing harder pitches. I used to be able to get out climbing more and at least get to the climbing gym pretty frequently, but can't do that now with my schedule. I'm not so concerned with generic fitness or cardio or as I already do a lot of that.

It seems a lot of training materials are written to help you achieve specific goals instead of finding a sustainable routine that helps you stay in shape / get in better shape for the long term.