My Book is FINALLY Published, Yay!

layton

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

so what's the advice regarding bolting? does he talk about sleeved vs wedge, stainless vs galvie, length, hole blow-out, etc etc? a rather important topic, considering the ramifications of poorly placed bolts....

i imagine the rest of the stuff stayed the same, such as the advice about campusing with taped fingers and all the weightlifting? i think much of that portion needs to be taken with a grain of salt and critical thinking skills.

I included info on bolting because there is not a book on it and people should know how to do it correctly

learning to bolt should be done with someone who is experienced at putting them in... you can't read about it and then claim you know what you're doin

Coming from an expert bolter. :lmao:

Quite the opposite actually - I've only put in two bolts and bill "forced" me to do it ;) I didn't even want to do it because I don't see the need to know how to do it since I know that I don't need to place bolts where I am climbing. But it isn't something that I'd trust any old chimp in a harness doing if all they did was read about how to do it, ya know?

Oh. I thought you all were talking about the picture of me in the bivy section.

Wonder if anyone notices the "money" neckglass in that photo and thinks "WTF?"

I think many people will look at quite a few of the photos and think: "What the fuck?". Which is AWESOME!!!

Nice job, by the way. Thanks for making some of us local sods look famous. And never forget the power of The Meaton.

I have been made aware that the first printing has some minor - non content - related typos. I believe Amazon.com went with an older file sent in for page-setup. The second printing will be available soon. I will update this when the 2nd printing is available (should be a week).

I have been made aware that the first printing has some minor - non content - related typos. I believe Amazon.com went with an older file sent in for page-setup. The second printing will be available soon. I will update this when the 2nd printing is available (should be a week).

2nd printing is available