trip reports VS a regular climbing day

kevbone

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay ya'll, my ego's full now - move along :)

and since i'm grounded for the weekend babysitting while my wife gallivants around the pacific northwest for 4 days w/ her back east lesbian friends, you'll have to settle for a tr of taking the chilluns to omsi and throwing homeless folks into the williamette (though i may try to get her to take along the aforementioned camera for some video you won't give a fuck 'bout even if it's sideways)

Post of the year! :tup:

Damn close, love this part: "...I've witnessed Ivan's 'normal day out' and I'm here to tell you there's nothing 'normal' about it. The minute Ivan rolls into the parking lot, 'normal' starts heading for the tourist trail..."

LOL!

Well spoken JH! Put a smile on my face for sure! Ivans main skill shared by few others is to be able to derail a Jimmy rant and do it in an interesting manner. Much like tuning a herd of stampeding cattle, no easy feat to do at all much less to complete with panache and elan.

Ivan, you don't babysit your own kids.

it's called "meeting the minimum requirements of fatherhood."

i think I used the phrase "babysitting" during the first week of my first child's life, and my wife made clear just how wrong I was. I haven't used that phrase since.

then again, what with all your rad trip reports, you seem to have the planet's most sympathetic wife and that makes kevbone (and i'll admit me to an extent) insanely jealous.

and for the records, i love your trip reports.

PS - you can't hope to control or stop kevbone, you can only ignore him. but that's like ignoring a 3 year old tugging on your pants.

that's true - babysitters generally get the boot if they take a 3 hr nap on the couch while the youngsters watch "alien" at max volumn on the big screen home stereo, stuffing their pie-holes full of cheesy-poofs :lmao:

As for JH's post, I agree that Bill Coe is more popular today than ever.

I might have forgotten, did I promise you some money for this or sumpthin'?

that's true - babysitters generally get the boot if they take a 3 hr nap on the couch while the youngsters watch "alien" at max volumn on the big screen home stereo, stuffing their pie-holes full of cheesy-poofs :lmao:

Yeah, ya need to hire out the "How to huff spray paint" thang....jus' sayin'.....on the upside, you can often start confiscating some real good pot when they're @14...."...Hey kid, I told you not to smoke pot till yer 18, gimme dat...

..and gimme back my vodka...18 I tol ya...."

it's called "meeting the minimum requirements of fatherhood."

i think I used the phrase "babysitting" during the first week of my first child's life, and my wife made clear just how wrong I was. I haven't used that phrase since.

I have made this same dreadful mistake with my wife too..