trip reports VS a regular climbing day

kevbone

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should stop and read the spew you write.

ps: lets review your pictures - here's a sampling of those you post, often repeatedly, and you are saying that Ivan's climbing pictures should be in these threads in spray.

What kind of pro is this picture you posted?

Large_Size_Sink_Plunger.jpg

What did these yahoos climb?

Five_Presidents_2009.jpg

Whats she climb?

pamela-anderson-193-07.jpg

Wheres the routes here?

800px-Pentagon_crach_site.jpg

Climbing partner?

henry-rollins.jpg

Don't have any idea what this has to do with climbing....

Iron-Maiden_1.jpg

dog_in_suite.jpg

g-string.jpg

serenas_butt.jpg

Steven_and_pretty_gir_.jpg

and lest we forget...

care_bear.jpg

Don't have any idea what any of this has to do with climbing....

Do you want to review the route pictures Ivan has been taking? His are different than yours...oh yes they are! Big time!!! You want his climbing pictures to be in the same areas as these is what you are saying.

Right?

Thanks 5 K.

BTW, even when I post non-climbing pics of weapons, they are usually at a climbing area being shot after we are done for the day. (although I've ceased doing this, partially cause I can't shoot well when exhausted and partially as I'd rather toss lead into a berm that will have the lead mined and recycled like at the range).

Like this. I described my Trip report in spray that we climbed all day and then did target practice.

Cathedral_after1.jpg

Shaun_with_guns_small.jpg

All this coming from someone who if i remember correctly wrote a TR about climbing Super Slab at Smith. Which is a great route i must admit.

But how is that different that anyone else's? I guess that falls in your "must be a 3 hour drive" rule? Oh, now i know how you came up with 3 hours.

Ivan, your all good. We got your back.

JL

With the amount of intoxicants that Ivan consumes, you don't have to take much of a trip to take a long trip.

Well then Ivan you must come up North and consume massive quantities and do some climbing with my crew! :brew:

lord, the worst fucking hangover i ever had in my life was in the 'ham, waking up on the floor of the hovel mike layton was squatting in, just a few hours after mikey had almost gotten us all killed having threatened a nice homeless crackhead lady - it was 100 degrees at 9 in the morning and i puked in the burger king parking lot - then things got worse over the drive back to the 'couve - ever since then i've been like, yo fuck b-ham! :)

All this coming from someone who if i remember correctly wrote a TR about climbing Super Slab at Smith. Which is a great route i must admit.

But how is that different that anyone else's? I guess that falls in your "must be a 3 hour drive" rule? Oh, now i know how you came up with 3 hours.

Ivan, your all good. We got your back.

JL

three hour drive rule?

Look, I've witnessed Ivan's 'normal day out' and I'm here to tell you there's nothing 'normal' about it. The minute Ivan rolls into the parking lot, 'normal' starts heading for the tourist trail and I not sure I can recall ever seeing him do anything 'normal' out at Beacon. I'm guessing if I were to actually stick around and bear witness it would be the scariest thing I'd see every week. In fact, I'll go out on a limb here and say there is nothing 'normal' about Ivan. And maybe that's part of his charm - online and off - and also why he's always doing something pretty damn strange. And while Ivan's take on strange isn't anything like my own, he does embody the very essence of my post-40 climbing motto and mantra:

"If you can't climb hard, climb strange..."

Now I'll admit it's a little eaiser to live up to that motto if you're Ivan or me, but I like to think there's a little something there for everybody. Take Bill Coe for instance, he does a lot of strange shit on a fairly regular basis - usually just when you think you have him figured out - but he's still as popular and healthy as ever (o.k. that knee thing didn't work out so well, but you never want to count him down and out for long). And Opdycke? Hell, the very definition of making strange seem normal.

Come to think of it, it's hard to think of almost anyone who has ever climbed out at Beacon on a regular basis that isn't pretty damn strange on any given day. McGown? No need to even ask. [Old] Kenny? Don't get in his way. Larry? Healthy and sound as a bent penny. Stewart? Gett-outa-here. Pink? What's your guess? Kevbone? Hell, he's running a 1000:1 spray-to-TR ratio here so he's about as strange as they come - we hear about it anytime Kev goes climbing because, between work, home and kids, a trip to Ozone is a veritable expedition despite the fact it has all the outward appearances of a quick trip to the gym. And, o.k., a lot of the new kids do seem kind of normal; but we don't really know all that much about most of them yet, and you have to admit the ones we do seem like maybe they've been bent, folded, and mutilated a couple of times (or are about to be). I guess for me it boils down to the old saw that people who live in glass Gerbil wheels shouldn't flip shit at others.

Oh, and pink - that college shit is way over rated - these days if you look at 95% of college grads they're all just sitting at a box typing. It's virtually impossible to tell what one may be doing different from the next screen-lit automaton (myself included) except by carefully analyzing their mouse click logs. Sad truth is, mostly they're just shit-talking on their forum-of-choice in order to see something even more pointless than their own lives staring back at them every fifteen minutes in a vain attempt to cling onto something to live for.

Given your alternatives at 10:16 on any given morning, Ivan's TRs friggin' rule...

Look, I've witnessed Ivan's 'normal day out' and I'm here to tell you there's nothing 'normal' about it. The minute Ivan rolls into the parking lot, 'normal' starts heading for the tourist trail and I not sure I can recall ever seeing him do anything 'normal' out at Beacon. I'm guessing if I were to actually stick around and bear witness it would be the scariest thing I'd see every week. In fact, I'll go out on a limb here and say there is nothing 'normal' about Ivan. And maybe that's part of his charm - online and off - and also why he's always doing something pretty damn strange. And while Ivan's take on strange isn't anything like my own, he does embody the very essence of my post-40 climbing motto and mantra:

"If you can't climb hard, climb strange..."

Now I'll admit it's a little eaiser to live up to that motto if you're Ivan or me, but I like to think there's a little something there for everybody. Take Bill Coe for instance, he does a lot of strange shit on a fairly regular basis - usually just when you think you have him figured out - but he's still as popular and healthy as ever (o.k. that knee thing didn't work out so well, but you never want to count him down and out for long). And Opdycke? Hell, the very definition of making strange seem normal.

Come to think of it, it's hard to think of almost anyone who has ever climbed out at Beacon on a regular basis that isn't pretty damn strange on any given day. McGown? No need to even ask. [Old] Kenny? Don't get in his way. Larry? Healthy and sound as a bent penny. Stewart? Gett-outa-here. Pink? What's your guess? Kevbone? Hell, he's running a 1000:1 spray-to-TR ratio here so he's about as strange as they come - we hear about it anytime Kev goes climbing because, between work, home and kids, a trip to Ozone is a veritable expedition despite the fact it has all the outward appearances of a quick trip to the gym. And, o.k., a lot of the new kids do seem kind of normal; but we don't really know all that much about most of them yet, and you have to admit the ones we do seem like maybe they've been bent, folded, and mutilated a couple of times (or are about to be). I guess for me it boils down to the old saw that people who live in glass Gerbil wheels shouldn't flip shit at others.

Oh, and pink - that college shit is way over rated - these days if you look at 95% of college grads they're all just sitting at a box typing. It's virtually impossible to tell what one may be doing different from the next screen-lit automaton (myself included) except by carefully analyzing their mouse click logs. Sad truth is, mostly they're just shit-talking on their forum-of-choice in order to see something even more pointless than their own lives stare back at them every fifteen minutes in a vain attempt to cling onto something to live for.

Given your alternatives at 10:16 on any given morning, Ivan's TRs friggin' rule...

Post of the year! :tup:

Choada, it's unclear if you're talking about Ivan, Kevbone, or Joseph. Maybe that's intentional :laf:

I spray my share here, but I'm usually much quieter than either Ivan or Kevbone out at the crag - those guys are like walking AM radios and both should be talk radio hosts or DJs. I pretty much just like to get on with my business when I'm out and don't really say anything or make noises when I'm on rock.