Kayland M11+ versus Asolo Cholatse GV

Zoran

Could you help me determine which ice climbing boot is better made (last, quality and warmth).

I know I have to try them both in the store to find better fit but which one is better manufactured? What would be your choice if both models fit OK.

My feet are little wide and short (my size is 8). Also which one could better fit for mountaineering, not only for climbing waterfalls close to parking lot. I have never seen any of them (except on Internet).

Have to go to REI maybe to try Asolo?

Thanks a lot.

Zoran

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your foot is wide in the forefoot and narrower in the heel check out the La Sportiva Nepals or Baturas. Kayland makes great boots but in my experience they have been on the medium to narrow side and also too low volume for me. Asolo makes some great backpacking boots but I have not been impressed with the quality of any of their mountaineering boots from the last 4 years or so.

• 4 months later...

I've had the M11's for several years now. They are low volume, so I took out the insole to get more room in my toes. They are great all purpose boots - light, hike well, warm enough and climb fine. Some of the rubber rand around the toe has seperated on both boots and if I sometimes get small amounts of water in them. Not too big a deal though. Way overpriced, but that's them damn Italians for ya.