Is Sponsorship a Sin?

BillA

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Scott's presentation of this topic, its really funny to read through the thread and see how many people did not understand Scott's point, which resulted in posts that are way of basis.

To address one point brought up earlier, I feel that TR's from this website are just at the level of sitting around a campfire and telling stories. I enjoy reading TR's to look at pictures and hear people's stories. Self-promotion statrs when it leaves this community of climbers/skiers and goes to a larger press (NWMJ, AAJ, Alpinist, Climbing, newsfeeds, etc). Whether or not they are worthy, well thats up for the Semple test do decide!

I found it humourous that someone described a thread here as "...a very serious conversation..."

Until recently, this particular question was left to the privacy of the brew pub...but then about a month ago Scott Semple wrote a blog entitled, "Is Sponsorship a Sin?" This question started a very serious conversation in the climbing community, both on his blog and in forums like cascadeclimbers.com.

From: http://alpineinstitute.blogspot.com/2009/11/sin-of-sponsorship.html