[TR] L-town - Classic Crack- Leavenworth 10/14/2009

matt_warfield

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a morning at Classic Crack when a team of Army Rangers showed up trying to climb it and rap it. I think it might have been the day in the photo above 25-30 years ago there about. Anyway, one guy got stuck half way and was freaking, and the officer was yelling "Deal with it Ranger, deal with it!"

So that became our mantra when someone would freak out partway up on some climb we would yell it at them. I saw someone named a climb in the Leavenworth guide "Deal with it Ranger". Maybe the Rangers went to Classic Crack allot, but I only saw them there myself the once.

There was a morning at Classic Crack when a team of Army Rangers showed up trying to climb it and rap it. I think it might have been the day in the photo above 25-30 years ago there about. Anyway, one guy got stuck half way and was freaking, and the officer was yelling "Deal with it Ranger, deal with it!"

So that became our mantra when someone would freak out partway up on some climb we would yell it at them. I saw someone named a climb in the Leavenworth guide "Deal with it Ranger". Maybe the Rangers went to Classic Crack allot, but I only saw them there myself the once.

Does anyone know if this has anything to do with how the Index climb "Deal With it Ranger" got it's name?

• 5 weeks later...

My mantra has always been "What would Bachar (RIP) do?" Total control using precise strength and balance- it was awesome to watch John fucking Bachar solo.

• 6 years later...
There was a morning at Classic Crack when a team of Army Rangers showed up trying to climb it and rap it. I think it might have been the day in the photo above 25-30 years ago there about. ...

Does anyone know if this has anything to do with how the Index climb "Deal With it Ranger" got it's name?

Oh man, that was my worst ever Index route name.

Indeed, it originated from those rangers at Classic Crack.

There was a morning at Classic Crack when a team of Army Rangers showed up trying to climb it and rap it. I think it might have been the day in the photo above 25-30 years ago there about. ...

Oh man, that was my worst ever Index route name.

Indeed, it originated from those rangers at Classic Crack.

this thread is still delivering the goods!