Cascade Climbers "We're Drinking Now" Pub Club

Beck

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a beautiful drive home under the brilliant star filled eve. Thanks Jules for the b-day gift, you're a very thoughtful gal!

Ok, small issue I have, has anyone ever been stalked? About 8 years ago I dated a man for a short time, long enough that he became obsessed with controlling me.

He had become violent more than once in a jealous rage and from that point on I realized I was dealing w/an unstable pshycotic fuck.

One time he would not leave my house and was yelling and throwing shit because I didn't want him in my life anymore, I had to dash out the door, barefoot and run to a pay phone to call the police, two cars showed up, told him to leave and although he did, he was spewing threats all the way to his car.

I was embarresed as one could possibly be, that I had found myself in such a scenerio.

In college I would occasionally find threatening notes on my car. He thought he was really clever and would put a tiny piece of paper in the door of where I lived, so when I came home it would drop after I entered and he would know I was home, fortunately for me, I figured out his little tricks. I moved a couple times, yet he somehow seemed to find me. I finally got a restraining order 6 years ago, it lasted only a year, he broke it in 3 months by showing up at my job. Nothing happend to him, politicians and money have a way of talking themselves out of trouble.

It has been 8 years, he still mails odd newspaper clippings or, pictures to my folks house about 3 times a year. Last night when I got home, there was a message on my machine from my folks, he has sent another letter this week.

Two years ago I saw him driving in town, got him to pull over, and firmly told him to leave me and my family alone, quit mailing shit and get on with his life. He said "well, it worked, here you are." I even told him I was engaged to be married, thought that would get rid of him.

I have learned to climb through the rage that filled those days. Although, I am still angry that this vein asshole persists in reminding my folks and I about the painful mistake I made involving myself with him many years ago.

Will he ever stop, should I just let it pass as I have all these years and just hope he gets hit by a mac truck?

I'm growing wearing of this whole thing, anyone have a bad experience like this?

Hey Lisa, invite the guy to a pub club meeting and get Capt. and Strickland to whale on the guy with some 2x4s for a while. that should solve your problem. sort of like the aversion therapy with pepper spray and rubber bullets they try out on garbage bears before they shoot them.

Hey Funny Guys!

I think Lisa is being serious here. Lighten up with the cartoons for a moment and show a little respect. We had a very serious incident at my university (PLU) this past May where one of our professors was shot and killed on campus by a maniac who had been stalking a female faculty member with whom he had gone on a few dates 30 years before!!! He stalked her for years, even moved from Hawaii to Tacoma to do so. His stalkee was in Europe so he went to the campus and killed a professor at random and then himself. The fellow she killed, Jim Halloway, just happened to be a member of her department who was walking across campus at the time. It could have been me, it could have been any number of others on campus. And this isn't meant to scare you, Lisa, but to let the others know it's not a funny subject. Perhaps this could be a separate topic so it doesn't get mixed in with all of the yuckin' it up from the pub-night stuff. So Lisa, I sympathize. Hang tough and don't get too scared or he will continue to control you indirectly.

aloha, "Dwayner"

Dwayner,

Agreed there are some psychos out there. I can tell you this that I can get really hostile on a muther if need be... If some bonehead is gonna shoot me he better not even tell me cuz that would be his mistake.. Whatever. I dont think that I was ever stepping on Lisa's toes brotha man wink.gif Lisa is kewl in my book....

I didn't want to put it under spray and have a 1000 people reading, not that they don't read our entertaining pub club stories the day after. Anyway, yes, it can be scary and definately has been in the past, nothing like having someone open your door and attempt to push you out of the car while they are driving 60 mph down the interstate. I grew up with 3 older brothers, they taught me how to wrestle off an intruder, but men are stronger than woman no doubt, unfortunately some take advantage of that.

Thanks for your input folks, and on to climbing and brewskies.

I didn't want to post this under spray and have a 1000 people read it, although who's to say they don't read our entertaining stories from the day after our pub club meetings.

Anyway, yes, it can and has been scary in the past, nothing like having someone open your car door and try to push you out while they are driving 60mph down the interstate.

I grew up with 3 older brothers, they taught me how to wrestle off an intruder, but really men are inherently stronger than woman and unfortunately some take advantage of that.

Anyway, on with climbing and brewskies, thanks for the input.

Lisa,

The situation you describe starts out as an annoyance, but the longer it goes on the more you realize how creepy some people are. I was a little surpised that you should seek advice on a mountaineering web site, but you've been well counseled. In fact, Dwayner helped me out immeasurably when a particularly nasty tramp couldn't peel herself away from my lycra unitard, although he selfishly engaged in a fling with her over on the Continent for the purpose of diverting her attention away from me.

pope- did you mean "selfishly" or was that supposed to be "selflessly"?

lisa- did you ever consider posting his name/address/etc. on this board and letting all your "psycho" fans here stalk him?

[This message has been edited by Jman (edited 08-08-2001).]

I like Eddies idea...hmmmm. I guess it's best to continue on and forget about it, eventually he may too, until then I best keep a move on. Pope, I hear that woman can be just as pshyco, of course to be attracted to your lycra unitard, she must have been a few fries short of a happy meal.

No wonder Dwayner took her on, I mean down, I mean, helped distract her.

Lisa, you be correct. Females can be approximately as nutty and they can wreck a lot of your stuff and make you nervous. As a college professor, one can sometimes attract those infected with "ski instructor syndrome", that is, since you know more than they do, even if you're ugly, there's just something special and magnetic. There was once a very strange gal who attended my class but wouldn't register and after a number of bizarre confrontations, she left a crudely scrawled note in my faculty mailbox, something to the effect of meeting her someplace on a Saturday morning for coffee to discuss "our relationship". It was tucked into a book with the title, "Soul Mates". I did the only sensible thing one could do in such a situation: I took the book and note and stuck it into a neighboring colleague's mailbox and let him worry about it. Maybe they hooked up.....don't know, but I never saw the psycho-whatever again.

- Dwayner

[This message has been edited by Dwayner (edited 08-09-2001).]

if it works for everyone. harmon brewery in tacoma. they have hard 'a', beer and pretty decent food. take 705 w take the 21st st exit and there it is. you can see it from the hwy. it is right across from the federal building. hope to see some people next tuesday at 7 pm. if not i will see everyone at the agreed upon establishment.

http://www.teleport.com/~dgs1300/Harmon.html

[This message has been edited by erik (edited 08-10-2001).]

I see the place closes at 10:00, on more than one occasion, folks end up staying till about midnight, will they be booting us out at 10:00?

How 'bout another Seattle meeting, since it seems to draw the largest turn outs. The only Tacoma participants have been Dwayner, and still he manages to close the place down and have time to sober up on his drive home. smile.gif

When we do have another Seattle meeting, some of us were thinking a bit closer to the interstate would be easier for those that travel.

How many people want to go to Tacoma on Tuesday? Lisa may have a good idea, a University District bar wouldn't be too bad of an idea with the students away for summer-

still ewanting a Bham meet for our Canadian brethren to have convenient access to before the Fall megafest.