Stop detouring the tuft.

backclipped

Alright listen. I'm no Smith ambassador. I'm not even a hardman. I'm just calling a spade a spade and there is some serious horseshit being spewed around the crag. Now I know that your home crag is built of something immaculate, but around here we climb on consolidated and eroded volcanic ash. It's shit rock prone to exfoliation. So when you decide to dip into your chalk bag and finger paint an "X" on a hold you better be damn sure the thing is ready to come off. That "X" on Caffeine Free 2/3 of the way up is SOLID.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK!

I WILL KILL THOSE FUCKING FUCKS IF I FIGURE OUT WHO PUT CHALK ON THE ROCK!

FUCK!

You're funny. You missed my little point. We don't need bullshit signage on our chalk highways.

Yes, I pulled on it. Going nowhere any time soon.

Edited by backclipped

I was just there this weekend and climbed it. Noticed that X between the 5th and 6th bolts(?), but it seemed pretty solid to me. There is some loose stuff above, but I've gotten into the habit of checking the holds on many routes out there. It's just a part of climbing on that kind of rock, which I must admit that I do love!

the chalk arrows on round river are even better

Seriously? Someone has scribbled arrows...as in directions of travel? Wow, I didn't realize that route required route finding skills. I'm blaming the detours.....

Whenever i see a chalk arrow drawn on a route i usually add as many as three more originating from the same spot as the original arrow - one in each direction :D especially when i am at smiff...

Seriously? Someone has scribbled arrows...as in directions of travel? Wow, I didn't realize that route required route finding skills. I'm blaming the detours.....

Whenever i see a chalk arrow drawn on a route i usually add as many as three more originating from the same spot as the original arrow - one in each direction :D especially when i am at smiff...

this post should win lameasskenny the shithead of the month award here at cc.com.

That, LCK, is a total detour move...

The only place I've seen arrows was at Beacon. Not sure of the route, we did free/all->Dod's then went left up a nice looking corner. There were arrows all over the last pitch. 5 or so. I thought it was funny, but ended up not following them.

Alex

Edited by alexbaker

I like it kenny. I will make mine colored. Should be able to "borrow" some from the nieces.

Think I will need the arrows for Double Trouble. BackClipped can you get that done for me.

Can't do it, Letsroll. Wouldn't be prudent cause you can "see" the anchors and the path of travel is obvious. I will, however, use the already existing excess of chalk that's on the route to draw hyroglyphics of the beta. But the route will likely become temporarily closed until the archeologists....I mean rangers, can verify the authenticity of the wall art.....

I know the perfect place to practice. The Corner. We can stencil "hand hold here", "anchor good","loose rock please do not remove." :fahq::tup:

Is something that you aid? If so stop talking about holds and focus on the possible "highlighting" of your seam....or perhaps just rattle can the word "take" wherever you do.