sizing T2Xs

Hayduke

So I just bought a pair of Scarpa T2Xs. I have been skiing in a pair of 10 year old T1s (all black) and am really excited about new lighter boots. I've been teleing for about 20 years, get out about about 60 days a winter, both back country and lift service.

I bought them at REI and the ski shop guy tried to convince me NOT to heat mold them to my feet. He said just to wear the liners around the house for a while and let my body heat do the heat molding. He said this is what the reps recommend and this way I'll get more life out of the boot by reducing any "packing out" that might happen.

What do you guys think of this?

Also, I wear a size 10 and the mondo 27 seemed really tight. I ordered a 28 so I could try it on, just to see which fit better. What size are other guys who wear 10s wearing?

As a side bar, I was slightly frustrated with REI with this deal. First off, the boots were on sale-30% off at $389 and I did the free shipping thing to the Tacoma store. Then I got an email saying there was an additional 20% off all REI Outlet ski gear, so when I went to the store I wanted to see what they could do. Basically, I had to return the boots I bought that were in my hands, go home and order them again in order to get them for $311. A great deal for sure, but I thought is was corporate BS, not co-op commonsense. They said it was an online sale, not a store sale, and they couldn't apply the 20% off to previous sales. The reality check was the fact that I bought the boots online, I was standing in the store at the register with them in my hand and the 20% coupon in my hand and they couldn't do anything for me.

Since I wasn't sure that the mondo 27 really fit my foot the correct way, I went home and ordered 2 pairs-- a 27 and a 28. I figured I'd try both on in the store and keep the ones that fit. REI Tacoma doesn't carry any tele gear and the sales rep suggested I go to Backpackers on S Tacoma Way to try on boots. Again, disappointing.

So in the end I will buy 3 pairs of this boot, only to keep one that fits and gives me the price that they are offering.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine heat molded up at Marmot. Didn't take long and they are super comfortable. So its probably worth it. Plus your feet are nice and warm for awhile.

I've found REI stopped being a coop years ago. I only go there with coupons now. Too many other good local shops to leave my paychecks at these days.