Climb-A-Thon Fund Raiser for Index

jpark42

Come get your climb on!!!! While helping raise funds for Index Town Wall. The comp will start at 530pm and end at 830pm. The contestant that climbs the most boulder problems takes home the SHWAG. A slide show/raffle will follow presented by a mystery guest and friendly libations (read: beer) will flow to all who meet the requisite age (21yrs). The comp fee is $30 and all the proceeds from the comp and raffle go towards the Index Fund. Questions? Call Stone Garden at 206-781-9828 or check out the website at www.stonegardens.com for more details.

Index_Comp.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Index Fundraiser Climb-A-Thon on 10/17/09

Hosted at Stone Gardens Climbing Gym

2839 NW Market St

Seattle, WA 98107

www.stonegardens.com for more details

The Climb-A-Thon- 5:30-8:30

Competitors will have 3 hours to climb as many boulder problems as possible. Each problem in the gym will be given a number and competitors will simply check that number off on their scorecard. All difficulty grades will be worth the same so everyone can compete! There will be prizes for the most number of problems climbed for male and female categories of Youth (under 18), Adult and Masters (40+)!

Winners will be announced after the slideshow.

Registration- starts at 4:30pm

-All Competitors register the day of the competition and the pay $30 competition entry fee.

-All Competitors will need to have a current Stone Gardens Waiver. Climbers under the age of 18 need to have their Waiver signed by a Parent or Legal Guardian.

Raffle- All evening

We will be selling raffle tickets throughout the evening for $5 each or 6 tickets for $25 or 15 tickets for $50. There will be lots of prizes to be won, so make sure to buy a bunch!

Slideshow- 8:45-9:45

Local hardman Steve Swenson will be talking about a recent trip to India and cool routes in the Karakorum. Free beer for 21 years of age and older.

Come to Stone Gardens on Saturday October 17, 2009 for the WCC official fundraising kick-off event to help purchase the Lower Town Wall at Index!

Edited by stonegardens

Selkirk-Anyone in attendance at the event is STRONGLY encouraged to donate either by entering the competition anyways, buying raffle tickets, or just donating money to the WCC. The $30 competition fee and money from raffle tickets will all go to the WCC.

Jibby- Sorry about the conflict of dates, but this has been in the works for quite some time. Maybe people can go to the Warehouse and then come up here?

Come get your climb on!!!! While helping raise funds for Index Town Wall. The comp will start at 530pm and end at 830pm. The contestant that climbs the most boulder problems takes home the SHWAG. A slide show/raffle will follow presented by a mystery guest and friendly libations (read: beer) will flow to all who meet the requisite age (21yrs). The comp fee is $30 and all the proceeds from the comp and raffle go towards the Index Fund. Questions? Call Stone Garden at 206-781-9828 or check out the website at www.stonegardens.com for more details.

Index_Comp.jpg

Tommorrow. WCC Kickoff!

I really like Stone Gardens, but just a reminder to keep your valuables locked up; I had my wallet stolen earlier today from my jacket in a cubbyhole, and the bastards already charged $300+ to one card. In talking to my financial institutions, it sounds like I am covered. I hope they get caught. The cash in the wallet alone should have been sufficient, but then they go and charge it up. :mad:

Anyways, be careful and have fun!