• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Buckaroo

Attn Pope

Studliness. Is there really any reason the North Cascades shouldn't be sporting a dozen or so of them...?

Oh my, I don't know if I was more taken with the high fivin' white guys on teh summit, the dramatic soundtrack, or the lowering instead of rappelling. Certainly that terrain was unclimable by any other means!

This is totally unrelated to via ferrata, but I figured it would be as good a place as any to post it. (and a chance to figure out how to embed vimeo). apologies if this was posted already.

Interesting discussion towards the end - about the FA wanting to take out his bolts after a climb was lead on gear (after you get through some of the other "epic" commentary)

[video:vimeo]3976756

Link to description & comments (commentary regarding TR rehearsal?)

i'd definitely be rocking that soundtrack on my ipod if i went up there

You can just feel the adventure.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

They've invaded our back yard, the Via Ferrata gang

ohhhhh noooooooss!!!!!

[video:youtube]

Looks like Exit 38, or Frenchman's Coulee....but with puffy jackets and snow!

This is totally unrelated to via ferrata, but I figured it would be as good a place as any to post it. (and a chance to figure out how to embed vimeo). apologies if this was posted already.

Interesting discussion towards the end - about the FA wanting to take out his bolts after a climb was lead on gear (after you get through some of the other "epic" commentary)

Back to the future predicted by Pope and Dwayner. When this catches on with the kids, it will be interesting to hear the protests from grumpy old sport climbers on this site, with guys like Lucky and Kimmo organizing the reactionary response. Really classy for the guy to remove his own bolts. Let's hope that catches on too.

An exciting, no-experience-required Via Ferrate ( fixed mountaineering route) in the Canadian Rockies. Heli-Hiking and mountaineering guests at the Bobbie Burns Lodge fly by helicopter

Just wait until THIS catches on south of the border!

Should be exciting!

Back to the future predicted by Pope and Dwayner. When this catches on with the kids, it will be interesting to hear the protests from grumpy old sport climbers on this site, with guys like Lucky and Kimmo organizing the reactionary response. Really classy for the guy to remove his own bolts. Let's hope that catches on too.

POOP your such a TROLL :fahq:

Please leave me out of your BS in the future

I have crack routes and sport routes I do not bolt cracks

This was good example of a climb at the cutting edge at one time, now that the game has been changed, The guy that had the first accent was ask to remove the bolts, he than did the right thing , it also goes to show bolts can be removed and routes can be restored

Red M&M’s at Frenchman’s Coulee that was bolted than restored was also a restoration I supported.