Petzl World Tour - anyone going?

Drew_Jones

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so PDX will be there. Anyone else from Seattle? I'm thinking about driving down on Thursday (Thanksgiving Day). Looks like about 15 or 16 hours driving time [Eek!] . Things don't start until Friday night.

Please Don't respond to this if you:

1. stink [Confused][geek]

2. are really damn annoying on a long trip [Mad]

3. have no money [hell no]

4. have ever been friends with Dennis Harmon [HORSECOCK]

5. will make fun of me because I haven't climb V4

6. are a male and want to "have some fun" at the rest stops along the way [sNAFFLEHOUND] (females OK)

Drew

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Dr. Flash Amazing and some other PDX personages will be in attendance. The Doctor posted a link about this a month or so ago, and no one seemed interested. Bunch of lame-asses,if you ask DFA.

Dreamed I was an Eskimo

Frozen wind began to blow

Under my boots and around my toes

The frost that bit the ground below

It was a hundred degrees below zero...

And my mama cried

And my mama cried

Nanook, a-no-no

Nanook, a-no-no

Don't be a naughty Eskimo

Save your money, don't go to the show

Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh

Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh

Well I turned around and I said "Ho, Ho"

And the northern lights commenced to glow

And she said, with a tear in her eye

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"

[Moon][rockband]

OK. If anyone cares (and apparently they don't) I will most likely be leaving for Bishop BY MYSELF tomorrow sometime.

I will be drinking all the beer [big Drink] , smoking all that's smokable [big Grin] , meeting all the girls [Wazzup] , showing Sharma some new techniques [Roll Eyes] , and generally having a kick-ass time. [rockband]

Any last-minute partners??

Drew

Have fun, wish I was going. Get a chile relleno at Amigos for me. If you need a day away from the hordes at the Buttermilks or Happy Boulders, go cragging at Little Egypt or down south near Lone Pine at the Alabama Hills, You'll probably have it to yourselves.

15 or 16 hours sounds about right. Remember, always go to bed before you go to sleep.

I made it to Bishop (by myself). Arrived Thursday morning just as it was getting light (about 18 hour drive). Buttermilks is AWESOME! Different rock than I'd ever been on before. Really big rock crystals to dig into your fingers on all those great slopers. High-ball problems too.

Friday I climbed at Happy boulders - a little easier on the fingers but just as fun. Saw some good V10 problems sent, as I was stuck on V3's.

Sharma's slide show was great. He's so laid back and spiritual about everything. It was intersting hearing about Realization. That guy has some determination!

Saturday I hit the Sad boulders. Liked the Happy's better, but they were still great.

It snowed at the Buttermilks Friday night, so the Petzl deal was postponed until Sunday. I got to meet lots of great climbers as we all hung out at Kava Cafe waitng for the rocks to dry - Chris Sharma, David Graham, Lisa Rands, Obe Carrion, David Kale (sp?), Greh Loh, and some of the Petzl international team who's names I can't remember.

Every single person I climbed with was totally nice and crash pads were shared no matter who you were.

It was my first time to Bishop and it's good to know that all the crap that goes on between people on this site is not truly representative of what happens outside at a great climbing area.

I'll be back to Bishop in the Spring for sure. Hopefully for a month next time, not 4 days.

Off White - I ate at Amigos. Great food. Thanks for the recommendation.

Drew grin.gif