newbie needs a guide

Dustin_schmidt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Climbing is a pursuit that requires little in the way of sophistication. You want to rock climb? Get a pair of climbing shoes, and start bouldering. You'll meet folks at the rocks to do more with. You want to climb mountains? Go climb the easy walk-ups and scrambles, and you'll meet folks to do more with. Eager and pleasant partners are surprisingling rare. Be those things. Ask people to take your climbing. Spend your money on gas and the minimum equipment. Buy a one-way ticket to J-Tree. Go for it.

Freeclimb9 has a useful approach if you have at least SOME background. If not, do you really want to trust your life to someone you just met along the trail who APPEARS to know what they are doing and MIGHT have good judgement? Do you know enough to make that determination? Heck, I wouldn't trust me if I just met myself.

im pretty green at the who;e c;imbing thing, i have done some rapelling and thats it. im form whidbey island area so the bellingham mountaineers would probably be a good idea. i will deffinitly take your advise and get out and meet more people on the trails. im not to in to rock climbing but im deffinitly up for new things.

im pretty green at the who;e c;imbing thing, i have done some rapelling and thats it. im form whidbey island area so the bellingham mountaineers would probably be a good idea. i will deffinitly take your advise and get out and meet more people on the trails. im not to in to rock climbing but im deffinitly up for new things.

quote:

Originally posted by Dustin schmidt:

Looks like you're pretty green at the whole posting thing too. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Dustin schmidt:

Say what [laf]

Finding climbing partners at climbing areas can be hit or miss. The problem is the consequences can be disastrous. That said, I've met a lot of cool people at crags.

Dude, I'm not so sure this is a great place for an 6 year old...most of the guys on here act like they're only 5. [laf]

[ 11-12-2002, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Figger Eight ]

Iain [rockband] 's [big Grin]

cc.com rule #1 NEVER ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN TO READ OVER YOUR SHOULDER!!!! never click on ANYTHING with children in the room. This is not a test, I am warning you as one parent to another. other than that, dude, lighten up [Wink]

8=D [Razz]