• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
billbob

Cloud Cap Road

[cue mad rush for the n face next decent weather window]

thanx!

man, anyone remember halloween 2003 - just as much snow on the face now and if could turn wicked cold like that time....

in '03 the right gully was fine when it looked like this, though the final step below the summit wasn't formed (as it looks out in this pic too) but it wasn't too hard to skirt it on rocks off right

hey, it was my first TR even!

Edited by ivan

Was none too cold last night on the SS. Today at Top of Mile it is 52F at noon. Please post conditions if good or not. I'll be happier after another big storm or two, so stoked and looking forward to the great alpine climbing again soon! :moondance:

Bummer. Well, good luck on next week but I kinda doubt you'll be able to drive the road. 2-3 feet of snow expected between tonight and Saturday above 3500'.

As I'm sure you've all assumed, consider the road snowed in now. Had my Jeep stuck for a little while last night. Looked doable from the open gate but drifting and snow depth increased significantly only a couple miles up the road.