Fri

Nov 08 AM Showers 48°/33° 30 %

Sat

Nov 09 Cloudy 51°/27° 20 %

Sun

Nov 10 Cloudy 46°/22° 20 %

Mon

Nov 11 Showers 50°/25° 40 %

HOW COME THE WEATHER FORECAST CHANGES FROM 90% POP to 20% overnight? [Confused] I think Im leaving Friday morning or something.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! What's up with the weather forecasters! Sounds like an easy job to me. You never have to be accountable for what you say and it is not a bad thing that you are completely off as everyone always cusses you anyways. Here's my weather forecast for the next year:

From December-April it will be mostly cloudly in the Willamette Valley with periods of light rain on and off with his in the 60s and lows in the 30s. From April to June, partly sunny with scattered showers throughout the day his in the 70s lows in the mid-upper 40s. From June to October Sunny all day every day with no rain, no clouds, his in the hi 70s to low 80s lows in the mid to upper 50s with a cold spell in between or occasional thundershower in the late afternoon. Oct to December, mostly sunny with periods of clouds and light showers, his in the hi 50s to low 60s getting cooler in the evenings. Now pay mea salary so I can go climb for the winter somewhere WARM!See ya at Smith- that is unless the weather report changes for the 100th time this week.

Public Service Announcement from the friendly folks at AmazingCo, Inc.

ATTENTION:

For the last time, the rock at Smith is welded tuff or simply "tuff," and not, as so many of you seem intent on calling it "tuft," which would be a small clump of hair, fur, or feathers, as one might find on Trask's bedpost.

Thank you, and have a pleasant day!

Nope. The Doctor has ventured 'round to The Face of the Monkey and various other crags on the back side o' Smith, and out to the Upper Gorge, but ne'er to the many satellites of Smith. Not many bolts out there, you see. The Doctor had his eye on The Product for a while, which is out that way, but some friends recently tried it, and reported that it was wicked hard for the grade, and that it passed through a couple bands of highly suspect rock known as "choss." Thus, the Doctor will now probably not venture out there any time soon.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Why not save money and just shoot tuff? Or slacklining hippies, for that matter?

Clay pigeons are aerodynamic and launch nice with a launcher. Hippies aren't as aerodynamic, they tend to scream a lot when hit, and don't load well into a pigeon-thrower.

where and when kiddies???? well I know smith this weekend, but I am not hiking all over hell and back to find anyone, so pm me and pick a place to meet at arround 11:am on saterday ifn ya wanna.. if not I will be wimpering at the base of gingersnap waiting for some sucker to come along and feel sorry for me and give me a belay [Wink] If there is snow on the pass saterday morning JK will have gotten me so drunk on the way there that it could be a "rest" day for me [Wink][Wink][Wink][Razz]

SO, anyone want to comment on the forecast? Check out Noaa's web forecast Looks like snow and rain? I'll give a call to some firends who are out there today and get back to anyone hesitating on going out there. Hey GregW, if it is raining, why don't we just find a good place to do some duck hunting? Then we could feed all our cold and shivering brethren at the Grasslands! Blue Grouse wouldn't be a bad idea either. We could train Cavey's pup in the process!

quote:

Originally posted by ryland moore:

Hey GregW, if it is raining, why don't we just find a good place to do some duck hunting? Then we could feed all our cold and shivering brethren at the Grasslands! Blue Grouse wouldn't be a bad idea either. We could train Cavey's pup in the process!

That would be cool, but I won't be making it. I am planning a winter trip to Smith, so we can hook up then.

Greg W

quote:

Originally posted by ryland moore:

You think climbers would mind if we threw out a few decoys and started calling in birds on the Crooked right in front of Morning Glory Wall?
[laf]

Nothing like seeing the pink spandex go brown from sportos shitting themselves at the sound of a 12-gauge going off!! [laf]