Un-American

Fairweather

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I have to take a piss test to get hired but people who get welfare from my taxes don't have to take a piss test for their payday?

b/c the right to privacy is a joke? :)

EXACTLY!

I said that it was unreasonable search to have my piss tested. And then I brought them my medical records to show them that it was possible I'd have painkillers show up in my test (broken bone). HR (I fucking hate HR douchebags) were all, "Oh, we don't need your private medical records". I'm all, "Oh, but searching my bodily fluids is no problem. Please, don't worry about showing any compunction at this point". They were at a loss. I still hope they die. Soon.

Why do I have to take a piss test to get hired but people who get welfare from my taxes don't have to take a piss test for their payday?

good question.

Arch, what do you do for work? Most occupations don't require a test...

I work in IT. But because I am often in places that are "sensitive" (Airport, Seaport, other Gov't shit), I get an FBI background test, piss test, etc. I am okay with all the other shit, but the Piss test just gets me angry.

good question.

Arch, what do you do for work? Most occupations don't require a test...

I work in IT. But because I am often in places that are "sensitive" (Airport, Seaport, other Gov't shit), I get an FBI background test, piss test, etc. I am okay with all the other shit, but the Piss test just gets me angry.

I agree. Piss tests are insulting and invasive. From the little bit I know of IT work, completely unnecessary for you.

b/c the right to privacy is a joke? :)

EXACTLY!

I said that it was unreasonable search to have my piss tested. And then I brought them my medical records to show them that it was possible I'd have painkillers show up in my test (broken bone). HR (I fucking hate HR douchebags) were all, "Oh, we don't need your private medical records". I'm all, "Oh, but searching my bodily fluids is no problem. Please, don't worry about showing any compunction at this point". They were at a loss. I still hope they die. Soon.

You should talk to your union rep about filing a grievance.