never rob a ninja

t_rutl

I think the question is "what would prole do?"

he's offered a fair critique of how things played out, but i haven't heard what he'd do in a similar situation.

i can personally say i wouldn't feel good about offing a fellow human being who obviously was in chronic distress, especially over a few possessions of mine. if i did, what had i sunk to? nothing i could feel good about.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet manslaughter charges get issued

Johns Hopkins tuition approaches $40,000 a year. I'm sure mommy and daddy will cough up substantially more to keep this little treasure out of too much trouble. That, coupled with a sympathetic DA and an adoring, vocal, and (dare I say it) white public, will probably have our hero back on the couch, smoking pot, watching Deep Space Nine with nary a ruffle.

I think the question is "what would prole do?"

he's offered a fair critique of how things played out, but i haven't heard what he'd do in a similar situation.

i can personally say i wouldn't feel good about offing a fellow human being who obviously was in chronic distress, especially over a few possessions of mine. if i did, what had i sunk to? nothing i could feel good about.

If the guy was in my house? The Nomics. If he was in my detached garage or crouching in my yard hiding from the police? I'd double-check my doors and windows and call 911. Make sense?

i bet manslaughter charges get issued

Johns Hopkins tuition approaches $40,000 a year. I'm sure mommy and daddy will cough up substantially more to keep this little treasure out of too much trouble. That, coupled with a sympathetic DA and an adoring, vocal, and (dare I say it) white public, will probably have our hero back on the couch, smoking pot, watching Deep Space Nine with nary a ruffle.

:rolleyes:

If the guy was in my house? The Nomics.

the nomics? sounds scary.

If he was in my detached garage or crouching in my yard hiding from the police? I'd double-check my doors and windows and call 911. Make sense?

makes sense, but seems we don't know that's what happened in this case. but if we knew exactly, we all couldn't play in our arm-chairs.

makes sense, but seems we don't know that's what happened in this case. but if we knew exactly, we all couldn't play in our arm-chairs.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-sword-killing0917,0,16472.story

The housemates and the officers canvassed the area around the house and didn't find anything unusual, Guglielmi said.

After the officers left, the housemates decided to check the area again, with Pontolillo grabbing the sword, Guglielmi said. As Pontolillo checked an outside yard area after 1 a.m., he noticed Rice crouched in a corner, Guglielmi said. He told the man not to move, and yelled for his roommates to call police, according to Guglielmi.

Pontolillo was not inside the garage but backed up against the exterior of a garage door when Rice is alleged to have aggressively moved toward him with his arms raised. Guglielmi said Pontolillo made one downward strike towards Rice, hitting him in the neck and the hand. Rice's hand was nearly severed, and he bled to death at the scene.

The housemates and the officers canvassed the area around the house and didn't find anything unusual, Guglielmi said.

After the officers left, the housemates decided to check the area again, with Pontolillo grabbing the sword, Guglielmi said. As Pontolillo checked an outside yard area after 1 a.m., he noticed Rice crouched in a corner, Guglielmi said. He told the man not to move, and yelled for his roommates to call police, according to Guglielmi.

Pontolillo was not inside the garage but backed up against the exterior of a garage door when Rice is alleged to have aggressively moved toward him with his arms raised. Guglielmi said Pontolillo made one downward strike towards Rice, hitting him in the neck and the hand. Rice's hand was nearly severed, and he bled to death at the scene.

Having met him several times, I have complete explicit trust in Guglielmi's account.

That's pretty wild how he cut the dude's hand clean off. Imressive.

not that dude's was authentic samurai sword, but the ancient quality test from old nippon was that the sword's edge be sharp enough so that a silk hankerchief dropped onto it would cut itself in half