ObamaNation

Serenity

The fact that a decent political argument on the facts themselves can't stand alone anymore without an immediate racism debate flaring indicates to me that many of our countrymen and ourselves are still widely deceiving ourselves that race issues are/were solved and behind us. After all, we have a Black President. Done! Fixed! Over! Ta DA!!!

the OP that started this thread shows pretty clearly which court the ball originated in :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"George Bush hates black people"-Kanye

Thats my boy!

but we wouldn't say nigga 'round him either though eh? :grin:

actually i think white folk who bought the fear of a black planet LP back in '89 might qualify for a conditional nigga-slanging right, regardless of poltical label :P

speaking of which, i'm sure chuck d's gotta have a blog somewhere and he no doubt can render kanye's sentiments a wee bit more eloquently

Take note to the use of "er" vs. "a"... And im not trying to sound rude but i dont quite understand what your saying.

that race issues are/were solved and behind us. After all, we have a Black President. Done! Fixed! Over! Ta DA!!!

Actually it says a hell of a lot.

yes, it says that ethnic minorities who are now a combined majority turned out for the vote, but it says nothing about the bigots on FOX and those who agree with their pandering.

no, I cannot recall any of you using racial slurs here. But what passes as the "mainstream" opposition to Obama (I.e. Conservatism) seems to have no problem standing alongside obvious racists such as those depicted in the photos above and proclaiming an identical and unified message. And the silence of all of you when asked about it is puzzling at best. Are you ok with an alliance with those who still hold fast to the principle that this is a "white Christian nation" simply because your political and social views merge outside of the race issue and the greater good is served?

That's just a way to change the debate. Instead of simply arguing the issue, smear your opponent, then demand your opponents talks about whether his "side" includes racists, and force the debate into disavowing these fringe elements. I could do the same for lefties too. Do I support racists who vote Republican? No. I wouldn't assume they - folks like the Ku Klux Klan - all vote Republican. I'm sure quite a few don't vote at all, or write in the name of their grand wizard (maybe Robert Byrd, for example ;-) ). You do know that there are more than 2 parties on ballots, after all, and typically these candidates are very much fringe.

Change the debate? This is exactly on topic, I thought we were discussing the issue of racism and its relation (or not) to modern conservative political strategies. You've tried to deflect the argument repeatedly by making the baffling claim that liberals are actually the real racists on the basis of shock-sarcasm being implemented here on this site. Yet real life evidence doesn't support much beyond some obvious pandering by liberals to minorities from time to time, which isn't necessarily even racist. But if you are going to play the race card like that I think it's perfectly fair to ask for an explanation and/or a condemnation of clear cut racism that emanates from many mainstream conservative politicians and pundits. When we have people proudly displaying signs in public at rallies organized by Dick Armey and radio hosts with multi million audiences telling our President to "go back to Africa", it is clear to me that racism is very much alive in this country and is mobilizing into a political movement. And that true conservatives who are not racist and disavow these old ways of thinking have a long and difficult fight amongst their own ranks ahead if them if they ever hope to see their ideas embraced. The short version: conservatives are letting the kooks speak for them and you now have a serious problem given that blacks and Latinos are active in the process.

Of course you don't. That would be unrepublicon of you. Every good republcon knows that minorities ain't smart.

But they ain't racist!

More polarizing bullshit from Bug. I thought he was "above the fray". Guess not.

Typical avoidance of the issue.

Republicans repeatedly cut funds for social programs that would help minorities and create programs that target minorities.

On the opposite side, Democrats spend too much on trying to help people who need to put more into helping themselves and tend to be too soft on hardliners.

Identifying who is is who does not have to polarize.

There are up sides and down sides to both parties and the obvious solution would be to meet in the middle and check each other for fraud and corruption.

Instead, we get soundbites from dorks.

Of course you don't. That would be unrepublicon of you. Every good republcon knows that minorities ain't smart.

But they ain't racist!

More polarizing bullshit from Bug. I thought he was "above the fray". Guess not.

Republicans repeatedly cut funds for social programs that would help minorities and create programs that target minorities.

On the opposite side, Democrats spend too much on trying to help people who need to put more into helping themselves and tend to be too soft on hardliners.

There are up sides and down sides to both parties and the obvious solution would be to meet in the middle and check each other for fraud and corruption.

you are so full of shit

But they ain't racist!

you are so full of shit

You are so full of negativity.

Smoke something.