Rope up Trad Partner

neversummer

Im thinking about heading to Rope up this weekend, anybody need a partner? I wanna do some trad stuff, but no partner and no trad lead skills. Looking to follow someone up anything 5.9 or less to get some experiance cleaning good placements. Would like to spend the other day hiking/scrambling up something high. Can drive to lworth, got a small car though. PM me if your interested.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its shaping up as if I may have a conflicting obligation, but I may be ready to climb with you on Sunday, which would be my preferred day for a Castle Rock climb. Yesterday, LawGod and LeeJams indicated interest in doing something on Castle Rock, and there are a whole host of good climbs 5.9 and under. It'll be one of those clusterf*cks that are your biggest nightmare when you run into them on a crag, but I figure I can safely take as many as four climbers who haven't done multipitch routes before. We can make short pitches of it to stay in contact and the belay ledges are huge and if we are careful not to drop anything, those who run into our traffic jam will have little right to complain. Castle Rock is a public place.

Bummed i can't make it to the rope up, but glad that cc.com regulars can get revenge on the mounties one weekend a year and stack up on all the routes!(although we seldom get into other peoples way on roadside climbs like those pesky, lazy mountaineers!!!)

have a great safe weekend everyone I'll be thinking about you while I'm climbing in AZ!

I'll be [big Drink] and [HORSECOCK] anc hopefully [rockband] myself in the sun...

have fun,

sean

i'm in the same situation meself...matt, neversummer, need any extra hands? i've done a few routes at castle rock already (enjoyed the hell oughta falling off the first roof of brass balls [Eek!] ) won't be around until saturday afternoon but staying through sunday

yeah, jens, but you're a sexual tyransaurus when you take to the rock...us flacid and flabby neolithophites get scared and weepy when we attempt to follow your effortless leads

actually that's bullshit...as indicated i dug doing one fourth of brass balls w/ya and dan...if i can find ya i'm sure i'll attach as a damn leech [geek]

sabuto mofos

oh, yeah, and after intensive research i've deduced that "ktk" is

a) NOT a newfangled sexual lubricant

b) NOT a refuge for girly men or manly girls

c) probably an elite paramilitary organization cooler than eagle scouts

d) definitly only attainable by those knowledgeable of walking what fatso buddha might have called "the boozer way"

quote:

Originally posted by neversummer:

KTK?
[Confused]

Think of it like a wanna be college fraternity (Kappa Tau Kappa). The male mob spends it's time bonding by drinking, talking about pot smoking, and degrading women. You have to be 'cool' to get in and undergo a hazing initiation, which, typically, has significant homoerotic qualities.

Attitude,

My frat brother has just informed me that you are indeed one of the people we should hurt at some point. Please submit your name and address to info@alpinelite.com for further processing.

Thanks,

~Frat Guy with hot wife. Not homoerotic tendencies.

quote:

Originally posted by Attitude:

quote:

Originally posted by neversummer:

KTK?
[Confused]

Think of it like a wanna be college fraternity (Kappa Tau Kappa). The male mob spends it's time bonding by drinking, talking about pot smoking, and degrading women. You have to be 'cool' to get in and undergo a hazing initiation, which, typically, has significant homoerotic qualities.

Damn, all but the "cool" and homoerotic qualities.

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:

Attitude,

My frat brother has just informed me that you are indeed one of the people we should hurt at some point. Please submit your name and address to info@alpinelite.com for further processing.

Thanks,

~Frat Guy with hot wife. Not homoerotic tendencies.

Line forms to the left....

[laf]

colonel, givler's rocks...done it before but would be glad to do it again (is a bit of a walk up the hill...can we put in a chairlift or what? coke might pay for it if we let them sponsor the rope-up)

...you get the first pitch of givler though

reckon it will be a clusterfuck...first decision, who's remotely sober enough to be trusted? and are they german?