Weekend ropeup choss choice

Beck

planning to go on a lowclass dirtbag choss scrapple up to boulder Colchuck balanced rock via Asgard Pass on Saturday if anybody would rather go high than crag. look for a granola eatin' treehugger type around Bridge creek Friday night or PM me.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

Don't you consider it a crag?

i thought a crag was predominantly single-pitch stuff ... and usually with a "less hearty" approach. ???
-
A "less hearty approach"! WTF, it's only takes an hour. You out-of-shape, gym rats don't know nuttin! When I was in school I walked 25 miles to school--uphill both ways! [Moon]

well said, Man of seamless cool.

I'm going to go for a choss hike Saturday to a boulder problem at 8700 feet, never been over that way before and want to check it out. Anybody want to go along, it should be veddy nice, veddy pretty, walk with your head in the clouds kind of day. Union rules on the smoke breaks.

I've always used the term "cragging" and referred to something as a "crag" when I was going rock climbing and was going to focus on the climbing itself as opposed to trying to climb something like a mountain peak or some big wall where simply getting up the thing is more or less the objecive, and to me the term generally refers to cliffs that were small enough that one might make several climbs in a day and which is not on an isolated peak. So Snow Creek wall is at the upper end of what I'd term a "crag" in terms of size, but it is "cragging" when I walk up to something like that and climb/descend without concentrating on the summit. Yes, the South face of Prussik can be treated in this fashion, but my feeling about it is a little different and I wouldn't call it a "crag" but I might go "cragging" on it.