treadmill for the wife

markwebster

Leaving Sue to go to Smith on our 30th wedding anniversary turned out to be not such a good idea. She said it was ok...

In an effort to get out of the doghouse I'm helping her buy a treadmill. We don't want the top of the line, nor do we want another cheap sears model. Anyone have any advice? We would consider used, but I wouldn't know where to go for service.

This is us at camp 4 in June.

IMG_9406.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have our ups and downs. This problem is not helped by the fact that I'm leaving her again for yosemite in a couple days. She can't go this time because she's working and our vacations don't line up. Spent last weekend with her, took her hiking...that was good. The treadmill is for her and my 21 year old daughter. They are both in awesome shape and want to stay that way over the rainy winter. I won't use it as I prefer my bicycle.

Usually when she says "it's fine, just go" she means it...perhaps the 30th aniv was the clue that she didn't this time. I do believe that you can't let your significant other rule your life. Show some backbone for chris' sake. If she really cares for you, she will still be there when you get back.

I married her because she was a hard core climber. I still am, so why should I change my habits just because she would rather go hiking? She climbs, and likes it, but it's not her first choice anymore.

So, here's hoping the locks haven't changed when I get back from the valley.

I married her because she was a hard core climber. I still am, so why should I change my habits just because she would rather go hiking?

I assumed thirty years of marriage would arm one with an answer to this question, but you surely know better than I do.

Nope, after 30 years of marriage women are still a mystery to me. A couple of things I have discovered though.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder

Time heals all wounds.

Patience is a virtue.

If you don't have anything nice to say, keep silent.

I've been married 30 years and also bought my wife a treadmill (her request) and I know 2 things:

1.Asking if you can go climbing on your 30th anni sets her up to be the jerk and they keep hoping we'll figure that out and have the sense not to ask. (Poor things, hope springs eternal!)

2.I bought the $2500 Smooth Fitness because it was supposed to be reliable and super quiet. It has proved to be neither. Also remember that you need to set up a TV with a dvd player on the wall in front of it, cause otherwise the scenery gets boring.

You bailed on your wife for the big 3-0 aniversary and now you're going to *help* her buy a treadmill? Are you for real?

And when she said it was "fine" that was a test, duh! FAIL!

You should probably go ahead and buy the whole treadmill AND some nice jewelery she can wear while she's using it.

Jeez!

Also remember that you need to set up a TV with a dvd player on the wall in front of it...

And make a video montage of your wedding and highlights of the past 30 years you've shared, secretly put it in the DVD player. When she gets on the treadmill for that first workout, you'll be off the hook soon as she hits "Play." :kisss:

Also remember that you need to set up a TV with a dvd player on the wall in front of it...

And make a video montage of your wedding and highlights of the past 30 years you've shared, secretly put it in the DVD player. When she gets on the treadmill for that first workout, you'll be off the hook soon as she hits "Play." :kisss:

That is so Barefoot Contessa.

i've got a treadmill that you can have for free.

we've had it for years, but never used it. I certainly didn't get it for my wife - I'm the one around here who needs it.

It's no frills - just a speed adjustment, and manual incline settings. No heart monitor or any of that junk.

of course, you have to come to portland to get it...but it's free, so you can save the $$ to get her something nice.