[TR] Colchuck Balanced Rock - The Tempest Wall FFA

motamota

Trip: Colchuck Balanced Rock - The Tempest Wall FFA: 8-30-09

Date: 8/30/2009

Trip Report:

At the end of the day. I don't really care who calls it what or how you climb it. Just go enjoy it. It climbs equally well as a .11 C1 the way that Sol describes it in his TR on the FA or as a free climb. Who cares?

When we were talking about it, it's always been Full Tilt so my topo reflects that. If Sol feels strongly about it I'd say let the name stand as The Tempest Wall.

It's a good name.

Does anyone know how to post a larger image of a topo? This thing is kind of hard to read.

Btw, the tape on my shoes was because i left them out one night and a snarfel hound eat the leather all down the sides so the laces were useless. ummmm, salty foot goo.

Full-Tilt-Topo.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful climb, congrats to all. My 2 cents also would go to Full Tilt as the pitch name as part of the Tempest, commending the solid work by all and as the killer name for that pitch... but I am coming from 100% armchair status (though it wasn't always that way).

Awesome send on that pitch, epic photos too.

That route's a classic anywhere! Over my head, but appreciate it. Another pitch there looks like last pitch of South Face on Prusik, but even better. You all must have had some great times up there.

• 9 months later...