A6+ ?

mountainmatt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way the other day I was out walking around the base of a cliff. Ran into a young climber.....he was telling me about things he wanted to do. I suggested he free p1 of 10% . He asked what that was. I pointed to it and he looked, smiled and then said it looked like fun.

More inpsiration there than some euro-hype.

:tup:

They're making fun of Beyer's A6 rating for Intifada is what it is.

But how bout this 500m bigwall 14d route by the Brothers Pou, with the 14d pitch on pro that's A3 for the aid rating?

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.desnivel.com/object.php%3Fo%3D18917&ei=NkehSsfdA5nbjQecstykDg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.desnivel.com/object.php%253Fo%253D18917%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG%26num%3D20

By the way the other day I was out walking around the base of a cliff. Ran into a young climber.....he was telling me about things he wanted to do. I suggested he free p1 of 10% . He asked what that was. I pointed to it and he looked, smiled and then said it looked like fun.

lemme guess...he was probably around 10 years old...

I love that the belay is made up mostly of hooks and screamers.

IMHO, at the level where you start constructing crap belays in order to up the difficulty, the grades become measured more in terms of layers of stupidity.

Exactly. Why even use a rope if its truly A6? Maybe we need a new grading system for stupidity.

About that...have you seen him around?

About that...have you seen him around?

last i saw him, he was poring through the sky valley guidebook, looking at "cool proj's"...

I love that the belay is made up mostly of hooks and screamers.

IMHO, at the level where you start constructing crap belays in order to up the difficulty, the grades become measured more in terms of layers of stupidity.

Exactly. Why even use a rope if its truly A6? Maybe we need a new grading system for stupidity.

Use a rope so you can get to the A4 pitches where it matters.