Slide Show Tonight at FF

COL._Von_Spanker

I won a pair of La Sportiva boots and you can bet your bet your ass I'm gonna use them. [Cool] One of my friends was a little sour about that because he really wanted them. I gave him a hat I got as a "runner-up" prize. Feathered Friends rocks.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by dkemp:

I resent that. I know the woman that got the ice tool - I havent talked to her in a couple years and I cant imagine she's into ice climbing now but she's definitely not a dope - she's a very cool person. My friends won some stuff. I wont argue their dope status
[Wink]
but you can bet they will use their new stuff.

You got what they call Sour Grapes Syndrome. No big deal, and I know my forehead vein is bulging, so I'll chill now.

Good show - way to go, FF.

It's cool she won it, but she didn't seem exited at all, shit people who won chalk seemed more stoaked. Fuck I woulda been jumpin around screaming and breakin shit with my new tool! [big Grin]

But I really wanted those Sportiva S's [Razz]

Thanks for the beer FF, way cool [big Drink]

Yo D,

I was sort of hoping to get those to replace the Trango s' that I bought a few months ago that have come unstitched. in the bacl on both boots. I saw some of the newer ones and they have added a double stitch, but keep yer eye on 'em.

BTW- I hold no personal grudges against people who won stuff, other than the fact that I vehemently hate them for winning, as I didn't.

quote:

Originally posted by sexual chocolate:

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

[QB]I didn't win an F'in thang.

I liked when he hooked the two tools together and then to the harnes for a rest. Very creative. QB]

I won 2 t-shirts. Gee.

But resting on his tools? Cheating! (Did you notice the velcro on his chest and shoulders?)

I gotta rant here for a second,

I think people that want to critisize the funky/crazy mixed climbing we saw last night just kinda missed Seans point. It seemed that he loved it because there were no rules, it's all about experimenting and coming up with cool creative new shit. Aid climbing or not, he doesn't seem to give a shit cause its all fun!

I wish I was stronger... [chubit] or I could be like popeye, only with HC instead of spinach! [HORSECOCK]

quote:

It's cool she won it, but she didn't seem exited at all, shit people who won chalk seemed more stoaked.

I think she was just a bit embarrassed - she was probably just hoping for a t-shirt but got the grand prize.

BTW, I'll bet she gives it to a good home. Hmm, maybe I should give her a call...

Man, that guy can do some cool shit, eh? And damn he goes to some cool places. He had no pics of Alaska though, and AK's the coolest.

I think there may have been a reason that his show had sort-of an embrace foriegn cultures theme to it...It's not like those trips were recent or anything, kind of old news...

His Mixed climbing show kicks ass too, worth checking out at cascade crags, plus more stuff will probably be raffeled.

[ 10-11-2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Lambone ]

I also love what he's doin'. It's da bomb. You know how teleskiiers have those stickers that say "free your heels", now there's gonna ber stickers that say "free your wrists" (BTW I just copywrited that).

I've never been one to criticize technique. The whole climbing with tools and whether its' aid dicussion is all semantics anyway.