Smith

CraigA

I have plans to climb at Smith next Friday/Saturday 10/18-10/19. I'll be climbing easy stuff since I'm fairly new and my partner is brand new. Sport stuff .6-.8

I have been working on building a trad rack and would love to try something but I would want someone with experience to maybe check out what I'm doing. I've seconded trad before (SE Face of Beacon Rock, North Face of West Ridge on Mt. Washington, and Three Fingered Jack - if that one counts) but I've never led trad. So, anyone who wouldn't mind helping out I sure would appreciate it. I'm not looking for a babysitter, just maybe someone who would setup a top-rope then let me climb it with a trailing rope and place gear. Then climb the route and check what I did. One or two climbs like this and I think I could get extremely valuable information and the confidence to lead something trad..

If you wouldn't mind helping me out you can post here, pm me, or email me.

Thanks

Craig

Oh, yeh, I also really, really want to climb Monkey Face......anyone else? [rockband]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

was at smith last weekend. hiked around asterisk and up to the other pass and out onto the little promontory across from monkey face and chatted with 3 guys making their way up from the mouth. they said it was rated 5.7 or easier to get up there, but they thought it felt a lot harder and were basically scared shitless most of the way.

sounds like my kind of fun. [Wink][Razz]