A story in the works

willstrickland

Ok, notice that this thread was started 3 years ago. This was the start-up thread and then a new thread was started to pursue the story. Here's the link to it (you'll see the difficulty of executing something like this)

Story

Here's as far as the story got before the arguing, spray, and weekend intervened:

"Four years had passed, four years of constant reminders. Every glimpse of a rock face, every postcard of a mountain, every carabiner keychain a reminder of that day. Looking in the mirror........I had to wonder if I still had it in me. Sure, accidents happen and people die in the mountains, but it wasn't supposed to happen to me. And it wasn't really my fault. Even my friends have told me that over and over again. But then why does it plague me so. Why does my gear just sit in the corner? My old partners don't even call me anymore. Deep inside I know I have to climb again. That's what Kristi would have wanted….. Things seemed simple at that time in my life when she and I first met, I was youthful and full of energy ready to conquer the world. Looking back now though maybe I was too careless, blind of my lack of abilities and too willing to take risks. I promised myself to change my ways when she I first took her climbing, but I didn’t and my recklessness led to my demise….."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic