You can never have to many partners......

B.S.'er

A few ramblings:

I must get some frustations out.

You can never have to many climbing partners. Here in WA, if you want to get up anything heinous, you must be spontaneous.

No "Let' go climbing on the 21st of this month!" So you finally get the weather forecast and get on the phone or email at let's say 6pm on a Friday night. I've been finding if you don't have a least seven climbing partners lined up, you often must go solo (not a big deal because I solo 5.10). It has been my experience that WA climbers are some of least spontaneous people around. Also another rant here: Long time partners that want to talk about climbing with you every minute they get and only end up going out about once a month because they are "mountain biking with a buddy" or "going kayaking". I'm not saying climbing has to be your only thing in life, but be honest with your partners about how many trips you can do a year. I don't care if you are an ex joe badass, if your priorities have changed, be honest with partners. Twight described it something like "the death of a friend" when his partner Scott B. decided to get out of the game for a while. Also if you groove with a partner and have done some cool stuff together but he gives you about "seven consectutive nos" in a row. Don't call him for climbing again except for perahaps to go out partying or to go to a bar. 13 years ago a guy with skills on par with the late Alex Lowe took me out climbing a few times. Why me? Simple- Young climbers have no bullshit excuses to give, it's just "Where are we going and when do we leave?". No lawn to mow,etc. Look at Beckey. I'll bet he went though more partners than most of us will have haircuts in our lives.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the change of seasons that is causing a massive change in avatars? Or am I overly suspicious...it's just that I have a hard time believing that there are so many clearly experienced climbers posting for only the 6th or 8th time on this board. BSer's rant style sounds familiar, and Neversummer "between a cougar & a tiger" knows too much...

Everybody take off your masks! [Mad]

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

Is it the change of seasons that is causing a massive change in avatars? Or am I overly suspicious...it's just that I have a hard time believing that there are so many clearly experienced climbers posting for only the 6th or 8th time on this board. BSer's rant style sounds familiar, and Neversummer "between a cougar & a tiger" knows too much...

Everybody take off your masks!
[Mad]

PM people and go climbing with them if you want to know who they are... can you say RAMPAGE??? dude, relax [smile]

Okay, sorry I missed the mention, but unfortunately do not have time to read everything on the board. However, I know that you know what I'm talkin' about...new avatars like Captain Cock and crap like that. If someone cooks up a new alias once-in-awhile it can be clever. Recently it seems there's been a flood and a lot of people have been reinventing themselves.

It's sort of like surfing in the ocean (or so I hear) you just have to ride it out. I personaly find a great deal of enjoyment in trying to guess peoples avitares. I am WRONG alot and sometimes I can bribe some one who IS NOT a moderator with a beer to tell me what they know... then people get wierd PM's with the "I KNOW WHO YOU ARE" [Wink] Play the game buddy, it's all good [big Grin]

you don't usauly need a stick clip when you are surrounded by NO LESS THAN 4 yes count them

F-O-U-R totaly hot ropeguns [Wink]

Taking the whole weekend into consideration, I have to up that number to 7, it was a good weekend at SMITH [big Grin]

[ 10-07-2002, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Muffy The Wanker Sprayer ]