climbing in bellingham

whirlwind

whats up I'm new to bellingham and looking for a partner to go climb with. i've been climbing for about 2 yrs, mostly sport. this summer i got my first taste of crack and i am addicted as hell.i have pretty much a full rack up to #3 and can lead 5.8's pretty consitantly but looking to get on and lead some 9's and 10's. 9's have been hit and miss and i have yet to lead a 10 crack.

but i am always up to climb fun 6's 7's and 8's [big Grin]

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by wirlwind:

this summer i got my first taste of crack and i am addicted as hell.

and it's a slow, hanging pitch, RIGHT OVER THE PLATE!

Reponse #1: ah yes, climbing, the gateway drug

Reponse #2: how'd it taste? More like tuna than chicken, eh?

Take your pick...

Some places close by to check out are Mt. Erie (on the way to Anacortes)- variety of sport and trad there, great bouldering down at Larrabee State Park, and of course Squamish- only an hour and a half away! [big Grin] My partner and I frequent these places often so we will keep you in mind next time we go [Wink][big Drink][big Drink]

cant forget about the Bat Caves aka Oyster Dome. Get good beta for approach, do go up from Chuckanut! There are a few good moderate bolted lines as well as a few cracks. Has anyone ever done the wide crack that splits the main face? Starts with a "bold" 5.9 pitch, the next one is da biddness with 10+ wideness. Now sports a bush growing for the crux. Dyno Merchant's book, Bellingham Rock is I think still available at basecamp, he is the local expert.

[big Drink]

careful with that last pitch though i was up there the other day climbing in "In the tree's" and when i was hiking out i was looking for the ankors that where suposed to be on top of the 200 ft crack and the bolts where striped off. looks like you could probly sling a boulder or tree if you bring extra webing, at least to belay for your sec.

careful with that last pitch though i was up there the other day climbing in "In the tree's" and when i was hiking out i was looking for the ankors that where suposed to be on top of the 200 ft crack and the bolts where striped off. [Mad] looks like you could probly sling a boulder or tree if you bring extra webing, at least to belay for your sec. and alot of the bolt up there (atleast what i saw) where pretty rusty on the nuttcracker and upper tier.