Enchantments

Cpt.Caveman

I was thinking about hiking all the way through the enchantments and tagging a few summits to include Prusik Peak, and perhaps McClellan and Witches Tower this weekend.

IF this sounds interesting and the weather looks like it is good let me know. Otherwise I might just solo hike through and climb the Witches Tower alone.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be out there as well with Mr Verdina if the weather is okay. Had a friend up there this weekend and said they only got up the first fifth class pitch as the wind was blowing at about 40mph, and that it was snowing. We'll be camping at Colchuck Lake on Saturday, probably heading up to do the Witches Tower on Saturday afternoon, then doing Prusik early on Sunday morning. Anyone up for climbing in Leavenworth on Fridat afternoon?

quote:

Originally posted by G-spotter:

Are there any via ferrata in the Enchantments? I think it would be good place to maybe build a few so that more hikers can experience these beautiful summits.

[Eek!][Eek!][Eek!] The Enchantments are closed until further notice. Never go there, it is extremely dangerous; the wildlife should not be trifled with or taken lightly.

Greg W

quote:

Originally posted by G-spotter:

Are there any via ferrata in the Enchantments? I think it would be good place to maybe build a few so that more hikers can experience these beautiful summits.

There's this one that takes a rather circuitous route up the south side of Little Annapurna;

-

-

It's the way those in the know circumvent The Tool.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Pro needed for the climbs I wanna do.

3 cams and 6 stoppers 4 slings 6 carabiners.
[big Drink]

30 meter rope

beer [big Drink]

snafflehound repellant [sNAFFLEHOUND]

big rock to sleep under when it rains [sleep]

horsecock [HORSECOCK]

someone else's permit removed from their tent while they are off climbing [big Grin]