Squire Creek Wall -

Pilchuck71

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out two weeks ago and climbed Chickenshit gully to Dick Ridge and camped below the summit of Squire Peak.

After the Cable Crossing was (Removed?) vandalized a number of years ago it was nice to see the huge log that crosses the creek a mere 15 yards or so from the old crossing.

Follow the old road to the dry creek, locate the old trail and work your way to Squire creek and cross the log. Then let the games begin.

Thanks for the reply.

From your edited posts with numbers, I was kinda thinking that some new shit had gone down, and you might have some info. (If you do, please share!) Otto's reply alludes to new route(s) as well, and I have heard the rumors, and am waiting for the FA's to maybe let folks in on the goods.

Cheers.

Jimbo

A few D-town gurus have put up at least 2 new routes on Squire Creek Wall. Not knowing the details or wanting to steal their thunder, I'll stop at that.

I know they were planning on reporting them in the NWMJ, with info and/or and topos. I bet they are excellent! Anyhow, given that the weather looks rainy for the next week or so, and the NWMJ is due out any day, there should be available beta to climb them when it is dry again.

I don't know any real details but my edited post are my way out of respect to let the FA parties let the cat out of the bag when they are ready.

I wish I knew more and am also waiting for the details as I have been somewhat involved in the area for quite a while, but have not been part of the route creation (old or new) on the wall. Just a local with connections to many of the people and participants in previous FA's.

-jshamster- by your user name I am assuming you are in the Ham? I am fairly new to the North and looking to meet partners up this way so if you are heading out locally let me know.

Cheers

Tyson