cocaine crack, meatgrinder tr

had some fun climbing cocaine and meatgrinder with a couple friends this weekend.

I love to play with my canon SLR, and with 3 people there is lots of time for pictures.

Craig is a friend of my son. My son usually works weekends, so I've been climbing a little more with Craig. I just taught Craig to climb in May, and he on-sighted Meatgrinder clean. His new nickname is "mr natural".

IMG_0175.jpg

Meatgrinder is such a classic Icicle 10a. There is a rest every 12 feet. The crux is 5 feet above a ledge you could sleep on. My kind of climb.

IMG_0195.jpg

Me, just above the meatgrinder crux

IMG_0261.jpg

This is Steve, a friend from Edgeworksclimbing.com. He wanted to put some scratches in his new trad rack. Here he is belaying me up Cocaine Crack, 10a, icicle creek buttress:

IMG_0336.jpg

I brought Steve up first, who brought my camera and took over belaying so I could shoot. This is Craig following. Cocaine has a Yosemite feel. It's kind of on a shield of flat, steep rock...a few pitches up too.

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

The exit from this roof is dicey. All the jugs dissappear and the feet are 1/8" flakes on a vertical wall. I was so pumped from the finger crack that I chickened out and french free'd it. Craig cruised it all cleanly.

IMG_0375.jpg

The views are awesome up there:

IMG_0387.jpg

From the top of cocaine you finish up on R&D. The belay at the top of R&D is a couple huge washing machine sized boulders on a sloping ramp, which may or may not be secure. I was able to back them up with this purple mastercam between my legs. Craig liked it so much he took this photo of me and my anchor:

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...