• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
billcoe

Cargo Bikes Aka Bucket bikes

Does Eddie Van Halen need one?

2.jpg

I think the d00ds shirt might be one of those that says: "if you can read this, my partner umm Eddie Van Halen umm - the bitch fell off the back".

Would one of these even make it out to exit 38 and at $1300 bucks, I'd want one that tickled a sensitive area wouldn't you? I've never seen one in either case, and thought it interesting enough to share......discuss ?

http://www.madsencycles.com/

Don't know what they are called, but you can get an add-on for a normal bike that basically extends the rear wheel back about two feet, and creates some cargo space. Sorry so vague, but it too may tickle sensitive areas.

You speak of the Xtracycle... they really aren't that great for cargo bikes. They have lots of play which becomes a real prob with heavier loads.

The better options are the Kona and Surly cargo frames. similar to the Xtracycle (and junk bucket bike) above, only one solid frame.

Better option: trailers.

There's thousands of pages discussing cargo bikes vs. trailers on the bike boards.

Looks like he's about to get something caught in his rear wheel.

This reminds me of an idea I had a while back: to "Kropp" der Toof. Ride on up to the pass, ascend the might precipice, and ride back home. Real hardcores could prolly do it in a day, then once the idea catches on, people can start turning in ridiculously fast times. But no man-dog teams allowed like on the big R-head.

just get a bob yak. what the fuck.bob_yak.jpg

looks like hes headed to the pawn shop

Looks cool, had anyone used a BoB Yak? I was trying to find a way to hitch my Kayak to the back of my bike, I see a few products out there but they all look cheesy.

Anyone done cycle/kayak combo?

Bob yaks are cool. Not too much interaction with handling unless your hauling nuts and trying to take tight turns. I've never had a pannier rig so wouldn't know what to compare to.

Unclipped helmet. Gheysha sippers. And $500 in pawnables. Bucket bike yo.

A friend of mine used a BOB a couple times for trips from Seattle down the coast to Southern Cali. He liked his.

This reminds me of an idea I had a while back: to "Kropp" der Toof. Ride on up to the pass, ascend the might precipice, and ride back home. Real hardcores could prolly do it in a day, then once the idea catches on, people can start turning in ridiculously fast times. But no man-dog teams allowed like on the big R-head.

If I was in Seattle I would give that a go, sounds like fun. It is doable in a day a long tough one.