Cargo Bikes Aka Bucket bikes

billcoe

Does Eddie Van Halen need one?

2.jpg

I think the d00ds shirt might be one of those that says: "if you can read this, my partner umm Eddie Van Halen umm - the bitch fell off the back".

Would one of these even make it out to exit 38 and at $1300 bucks, I'd want one that tickled a sensitive area wouldn't you? I've never seen one in either case, and thought it interesting enough to share......discuss ?

http://www.madsencycles.com/

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You speak of the Xtracycle... they really aren't that great for cargo bikes. They have lots of play which becomes a real prob with heavier loads.

The better options are the Kona and Surly cargo frames. similar to the Xtracycle (and junk bucket bike) above, only one solid frame.

Better option: trailers.

There's thousands of pages discussing cargo bikes vs. trailers on the bike boards.

Looks like he's about to get something caught in his rear wheel.

This reminds me of an idea I had a while back: to "Kropp" der Toof. Ride on up to the pass, ascend the might precipice, and ride back home. Real hardcores could prolly do it in a day, then once the idea catches on, people can start turning in ridiculously fast times. But no man-dog teams allowed like on the big R-head.

just get a bob yak. what the fuck.bob_yak.jpg

looks like hes headed to the pawn shop

Looks cool, had anyone used a BoB Yak? I was trying to find a way to hitch my Kayak to the back of my bike, I see a few products out there but they all look cheesy.

Anyone done cycle/kayak combo?

Bob yaks are cool. Not too much interaction with handling unless your hauling nuts and trying to take tight turns. I've never had a pannier rig so wouldn't know what to compare to.

Unclipped helmet. Gheysha sippers. And $500 in pawnables. Bucket bike yo.

This reminds me of an idea I had a while back: to "Kropp" der Toof. Ride on up to the pass, ascend the might precipice, and ride back home. Real hardcores could prolly do it in a day, then once the idea catches on, people can start turning in ridiculously fast times. But no man-dog teams allowed like on the big R-head.

If I was in Seattle I would give that a go, sounds like fun. It is doable in a day a long tough one.