washington trip

sk

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember busting my shocks going to the VOC party last year same time. I remember getting washed off the mountain at Joffre too (actually getting washed off the trail before getting to the hut [Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes] ) Just doesnt seem natural for a Longhike to be sunny and warm anymore. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

Are you really a drummer Fern? Hey, I'm not gonna post all those drummer jokes, I'm a bass player and we're next in line... Vague rumour makes it sound like you've got a fun weekend ahead.

Let's see, you'd be tall, lanky, and sort of odd, then, right? Or at least that seems to be the predominant bass player type.

[rockband]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

Are you really a drummer Fern? Hey, I'm not gonna post all those drummer jokes, I'm a bass player and we're next in line... Vague rumour makes it sound like you've got a fun weekend ahead.

Let's see, you'd be tall, lanky, and sort of odd, then, right? Or at least that seems to be the predominant bass player type.

[rockband]
Jah Wobble is kinda medium sized and pudgy actually... [laf]

all lies and slander and vague rumour. What I lack in rhythmic sense I make up for with volume. I play bass sometimes too. I hope the weekend will be fun for everyone. You know what to expect dru, come or don't come, je m'en fou [smile] .

10seconds from you truck means about 43210 seconds from the event iain. If I have leftovers I will bring them to smith in Nov.

quote:

Originally posted by fern:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

if you can put up with the surliness

[big Grin]

blah blah blah giant squid blah blah blah

First images of giant squid may be on film

September 25 2002 at 04:05PM

Gijon, Spain - A Spanish research team believes it may have captured the first ever images of a living giant squid, a mysterious animal which has only been seen dead or dying, said a spokesperson for the documentary maker Transglobe Films.

The team of about 40 filmmakers and scientists shot more than 100 hours of footage during its 15-day Kraken Project off Spain's north-western coast, one of the areas where the giant squid is believed to live in ocean depths.

Cameras were lowered into the sea to shoot at a depth of up to 800m. The team will now examine the footage to see whether it contains shots of the giant squid, Architeuthis by its scientific name.

Local fishermen have caught large cephalopods recently, and the Kraken team retrieved a six-metre dead squid which weighed 50kg.

The giant squid can reach a length of 20m and weigh up to a ton. It has fuelled the imagination of writers such as Jules Verne, but no human being has ever faced it eye to eye. - Sapa-DPA

[Eek!][Eek!][Moon][laf][Wink][big Drink]