Climbing Pictures!!!!

billcoe

My bad, partner asked me if I was bringing my camera and when I said yes he left his behind. Sooooo, I had it in the car but my Big Wally had maybe 65-70 lbs in it already including 2 ropes strapped to the top and in the hubbub of grabbing all the crap and a Maddox too I forgot to stuff the camera in. So, I have no climbing pics from the weekend. Damn.

Anyone else have any pics they will share?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John: is that the top of Travelers Buttress at the Leap? Have you been running around banging out the classics ? OMG, thats awesome!!!! What route is the top pic? That looks horrifically awesome too. Got any pics of your ass stuck in that squeeze chimney on P2 (assuming I guessed correctly)? Love the Leap but it's been a long while.

No, I went to a wedding in Hood River. The event happened at a B&B above a bluff, and when I looked over the edge at the scruffy basalt and poison ivy I thought, "Huh, that looks like Bill Coe country..."

Sounds like someone forgot their rock shoes:-) I will soon have a picture of a Poison Oak TREE. It's the largest I've ever seen....ever. I've been climbing right by it for 37 years and never noticed it before. I only noticed it last Thursday because the leaves, the closest of which is @ 20-25 feet off the deck, are changing color. I had spotted a red Poison Oak leaf on the ground as I solo topped out and was coiling the rope and was all like, WTF?....huh... where did this come from? Further examination led to the tree, the leaves were so high it was unidentifiable visually....except for that leaf on the ground and the fact that I've seen some get close to that size. The one Jim and those guys pulled doan at Ozone was 40 feet high and had a base stalk the size of a mans wrist. The base diameter on this monster is easily double that.

Rudy, is that your lad on City Park? WTF!!!!! Wowza! :shock:

Whats the story?

VIDEO!!!! This is going to a whole 'nother level. 2 classics no less! I don't see the gallon of water, you sure it's Brock? Well, at least he looks like he's working hard!!!! I think I almost got stuck in that thing, later someone told me that you just climb that crack on the left....I was like, MFer! So obvious.

John, that Oak "tree" is the top of Silver Bullet @ 10' towards the "John Frieh Memorial Drytool Park". Huge.

Edited by billcoe

Wow, your boy looks older, like he's grown 6" and might be currently outclimbing the rest of us Rudy. Whats the City Park story, how'd he do etc etc?

Stan has some amazing Tia stories, and I won't steal his thunder and his story, but that lil girl is like 11-12 now and pulling some sick hard stuff at Smith. Amazing.

Tell the story if you would like....

Happy Bill?

HELL YES KEVIN!!! Good stuff there, air to spare!!!! The best ever pic of Jennifer was that one you guys used for the Ozone poster. God, I didn't know the area was so pretty. Even the Columbia river is blue! LOL You don't see that more than a few times a year it seems.

Here's a pic of a Sherpa who was blessed by the Dali Lama, which is why he's so happy. I don't have any pics of him climbing though.

Natang_Sherpa_and_Scott_resized.jpg

Here's the poster:

Ozone_event_poster_at_Ozone.jpg

Edited by billcoe

he managed a clean tr burn...who knows if he can actually pull off a lead...i think the difference between the two is huge...

he just turned ten last week! I can't touch him...he's about 6 inches bigger (and 3 years older) than when you met him at smith...

I saw Tia cranking at Regions last spring...

the new generation is already killing it...just wait until they can drive...

Thanks!!! The water looked bluer last time:-) Maybe your poster is aging. :lmao:

Edited: saw your post Rudy. Did I read correctly that he TR City Park without hanging at ALL? :shock:

Yeah, it's amazing we can see it coming that the kids on the climbing team in the gym today will be out Sharmaing Sharma in a few years. Standards will be rising even higher. Should be interesting, you have kids like Alex Honnold doing some freeolos that Bachar would have not considered.

take that bullshit someplace else kevin

you got a climbing pic?... if not GTF out.

What ever mr. Holier than thou.

Jen_wipping.jpg

Jen....wipping on the crumbling (12.a).

Happy Bill?

Rudy......ah...never mind.

oh...looky here...a rating... :rolleyes:

BTW awesome pic...looks like she was gunning for it!