Wise-Ass Wisdom

pope

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That which does not kill you makes you wish you were dead." My wifes variation on a classic.

Infamous Euro Mtn.Guide & ACMG Examiner to a aspirant guide who is on-lead "Hey do you love climbing?" Answers "Ya man climbing is my life!" Examiner responds with "Yah, then how come you are no good at it."

• 7 months later...

"Women always pee in pairs."

"She liked me when we were dating."

Women always think they can change their husbands. Men always think their fiance won't change after the wedding night."

If marriage were easy, it wouldn't take a lifetime.

"When I have kids they won't do that."

Forgive me if I butcher this:

"If you're not hungry, then you brought too much food. If you're not thirsty then you brought too much water. If you aren't scared then you brought too much gear. And if you made it to the top, then the climb was just too easy."

classic engineering wisdom for all you geeks in hiding

"There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it twice." (i.e. after it breaks the firs time)

and

When trying to estimate how long something will take, start with your initial estimate, double that, and add 20%.

It's amazing how close that usually comes out.

"What you may be offered in a moment all eternity will never give you back." Schiller

kill your TV

"To find adventure on a tame planet, the children of comfort plunge themselves into ever more bizarre escapades." Whilhelm Bittorf

"I don't watch movies, I live a movie."