Wise-Ass Wisdom

pope

Ain't we special!!!

"Nothing will happen to us. The people who were taken hostage last year, they were just trekkers. We're climbers."

And this one's pretty choice...

"I was amazed when they came to my hut looking for a telephone. We don't even have electricity up there,"

as per: http://www.climbing.com/Pages/feature_stories/feature206.html

[This message has been edited by Dwayner (edited 08-02-2001).]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The night life is for you." (Chinese fortune cookie).

"Let no one cause you to violate you code." (Chinese fortune cookie).

"We don't need any more of your Ronald McDonald suggestions. We're trying to plan Kiebler's bachelor party and this shit is serious." (C.W.)

I went to Kiebler's bachelor party...me and Hemlock were the only ones who showed up although several "yahoo!-parday!-high-five!" guys said they would be there. Yup, we ate a lot of pizza and drank a lot of beer...don't remember too much of the rest, but I seem to recall some sort of incident involving the changing of underwear in a parking lot. I think Kiebler changed his underwear with a drunk outside of some sort of "club" called "The I've Got The Feeling I've Been Here Before" or something like that. And if I recall, my share of the extravangza was about $120. Or was that Satchmo's bachelor party...????

[This message has been edited by Dwayner (edited 08-09-2001).]

Since my partner already stole all my great lines (there's extra lead slack in it for you, you weasel) - here are a few more gems of wisdom to torque off your partners.

'Make it look easy.'

'Use the big holds.'

'Cut your feet loose and relax.' (beta to me a few years ago in Hueco)

And attributed to Scott Franklin - "It's not really climbing if the backs of your hands touch the rock."

"There's nothing in the realm of human understanding that can stifle the imagination of the male hormone." - The Coach

"I can't tell you how many times I've raided the kitchen shelves looking for ANYTHING with pectin in it. You see something came out around 1984 that changed everything..." - The Coach

"You gotta keep a positive nitrogen balance at all times if you want muscle growth. I'm NOT talking about muscle memorization. I'm talking about muscle growth. Keep it positive when you eat, when you sleep, when you screw, when you work, when you work out, when you screw, when you drink, when you screw, when you ride the bus, and when you screw. One way to do this is to eat a dozen eggs a day. A dozen eggs. What's that? That's a buck. A f*cking buck." - The Coach

"Throw the ball, boy." - Foghorn Leghorn.

• 2 years later...

"Any thread worth posting to is worth resurrecting" - Dru

Have you noticedhow many people who posted to this thread in 2001 don't post on cc.com anymore? Some were banned, some lost interest and some have just vanished or turned to lurking. QUITTERS the_finger.gif

"Any thread worth posting to is worth resurrecting" - Dru

Have you noticedhow many people who posted to this thread in 2001 don't post on cc.com anymore? Some were banned, some lost interest and some have just vanished or turned to lurking. QUITTERS the_finger.gif

"Quitting is a habit that becomes difficult to quit."

Some of those guys are still around, having merely "morphed" into new cyber characters. But in general, you're right. The guys who were truly clever and entertaining, those who voiced controversial viewpoints have been chased away. And it's a good thing too. According to one post I read today, instead of bolts and low-adventure climbing getting us into trouble with land managers (due to the crowds these climbs attract), it was the rowdy and "irresponsible" discourse on cc.com that motivated land managers and preservation groups to move to restrict our access. rolleyes.gif