Row Across the Pacific - Portland TNF

erden

Row Across the Pacific Ocean, A Guinness World Record

Thursday, August 27th, 8PM

The North Face, 1202 NW Davis Street, Portland (503) 727-0200

FREE

Join endurance athlete, Erden Eruç as he shares the amazing story of his Pacific Ocean crossing and what motivates his ongoing quest to circumnavigate the world, all under human power. Between July 2007 and May 2008 Erden rowed his 23’ boat across the Pacific Ocean from Bodega Bay, California to Papua New Guinea. His remarkable 312 day solo crossing set a new Guinness World Record for time spent at sea by a solo rower. Erden established the nonprofit, Around-n-Over to educate and inspire school children based on lessons learned from human powered journeys.

---------------------------------

If you would like to share with your friends, that I will hold the above presentation soon, that would be great.

The presentation will be about our nonprofit, our goals and my row across the Pacific from California to Papua New Guinea. The ocean row is part of my human powered circumnavigation efforts. I stayed at sea a record 312 days between July 2007 and May 2008 to reach the PNG waters, then returned to the same spot in January 2009 to finish the last bit to shore with another 20 days spent at sea. Now my boat is in PNG, and I will return there in September to push the journey across PNG south to Port Moresby, before launching on the Coral Sea toward Australia. I will then bicycle until Perth and launch on the Indian Ocean westward…

It should be fun to have the company of you and your friends at my presentations...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic